Chapter 15 - Baby Good Night by G-Dragon and TOP

A/N:  Hooray!  200 votes achieved!

4357 words

Updated 8-19-22

After we were all full on pizza and spent a couple hours talking, well actually we were mostly just spending comfortable leisurely time being in each others' presence since when I did talk essentially only two of my soulmates fully understood me, Gamon and I looked at each other. Somehow both of us knew what came next without needing to voice it. He pulls out his phone and even before the Thai words escape his lips as the phone connects I already know who he is calling. ♦ " Pêe Mengrai, I think it's time to take Lily back to her motel to get her stuff, and then take her to the new hotel they set her up with." ♦

Oh yeah. I kind of forgot that I still needed to relocate my belongings. Geez I hope I didn't leave the hotel in a wreck. I tend to keep things tidy but sometimes a more cluttered version of tidy, however this morning I was such a ball of nerves I really don't remember what state the room was in before I left. I have this habit of leaving the "Do Not Disturb" tag on the doorknob the few times I have had to stay in a hotel. I know some people would probably say it's a horrible habit to have, but it's a habit I picked up from my father. He never wanted the hotel staff to potentially mess with our stuff while we were gone somewhere. As long as there weren't too many dirty towels, and we had enough clean ones he didn't really see much point in using the maid service at all. We only ever stayed in a hotel a couple nights at most, so it wasn't an altogether bad thing. I should probably change my habits though if I am going to stay in this new hotel for a couple of weeks or more.

I tune back into Gamon's side of the phone conversation ♦ "Oh really? That was quick! Sure, I'll pass the message along." ♦ I expected the first half, but I couldn't help but wonder what message he was referring to. He must see my look of confusion because just after he trails his eyes around the room he answers my unspoken question in Thai. ♦ "Looks like the others will be getting their injection tomorrow. They were able to make quick arrangements with the company doctor." ♦ There's a chorus of complaints about the two of us keeping secrets from my other four soulmates. "You'll all learn about it soon enough."

Due to the darkness of night the January weather chill is even worse at this time, even within the parking garage for the building. I find myself shivering and huddling up in my coat. Without warning a hand wraps itself around my left bicep, and I'm pulled into a strong warm body. I know due to the underlying electric current that it's Gamon without turning around, but I know he shouldn't be doing this. He spins me around while still holding me close, and I know that my eyes must be conveying my immediate panic as I look up at him. "What if someone sees?"

"Everyone in the building works for the label. I don't see it being a problem." He shrugs off my worries before he starts escorting me toward the SUV again. While I want to agree with him a huge part of me is distressed over the fear that I'm going to get in trouble for this. True, I haven't signed the paperwork yet, but I know that within those pages somewhere is something about what is and isn't allowed in public. I can pretty much guarantee that this is one of those things that isn't. He halts our progress toward where Mengrai waits in the SUV. "Do you have a problem with skinship, Lily?" He asks me.