Chapter 9 - Mix Tape: Gone Days by Stray Kids

A/N:  I was about to go to bed when I realized that this story reached 100 votes!  So, I quickly proofread this chapter by reading it out loud so I could post it tonight in order to celebrate!  Ty everyone!!  How are you all enjoying the story thus far?  I realize there has been a good amount of similarities, but from here on out things should start to feel different.

Posted 6/21/22

3922 words

Unfortunately a lot of things didn't end up going how I had been expecting, nor how I would be hoping they would. I had been expecting to get the 'Meet and Greet' tickets for one of the planned times in the middle of the schedule, but I hadn't anticipated how fast they would end up selling out. I wish I could say I was surprised by the amount of people that were pretending to be his soulmate, and to an extent perhaps I was a little bit. Then again though who wouldn't dream their soulmate would be someone famous?

Well, I never dreamed of it for myself. I never expected nor fantasized for fate to give me this startling design for my future. That my soulmate would not only be famous, but that there would be five of them?!?!

In the end I had to settle on getting my tickets for the final day. In some ways I guess that did sort of work out though. I wouldn't have been ready to become a public icon that fast simply because I was Alluvion's soulmate, and if I wasn't ready to share that then that would mean there would be no easy reason to cancel the other 'Meet and Greets'. At least this way Gamon wouldn't have to sit through the scheduled events when they weren't even necessary afterward, or having to put himself in the difficult situation to decide whether or not to completely cancel the events and refund the Currents money who purchased the tickets.

Then there were the issues revolving around my passport. Although truthfully they weren't exactly issues per se. I just ended up having to wait longer than I anticipated regardless of the additional fee that Raina volunteered on my behalf. I had been getting overly apprehensive in the later part of the third week. Honestly I was about to check to see who I would have to call to find out the whereabouts of my passport when it literally showed up that very same day; the second to last day before the third week mark would have been completely up. It had made me probably even more nervous simply because I knew two days later Carson and Raina were planning on helping me move into her apartment.

I didn't know what to expect when I got to her apartment, since I hadn't been there before, but I should have expected something parallel to what I found. Her apartment was luxurious and most definitely the polar opposite of mine. The kitchen, dining room, and living room were all combined together in an open concept space and the couch in the living room directly faced a set of extravagant, but scary, floor to ceiling wall to wall windows. I couldn't imagine cleaning those, but I am sure that Raina probably employed a cleaning service for that.