C H A P T E R |01

^Lucas and Aurora's house

AURORA

It was the evening of my wedding anniversary with my husband,Lucas.I was wearing my red,tight,short dress that showed my curves. My hair was straightened and I had light makeup on. As for shoes I had on gold high heels.

It's been four years since we got married and eight years together

It's been four years since we got married and eight years together. Our life together has had its ups and downs but we never gave up,we fought for our love.We fought everything that came our way..

~~

I sigh as I looked at the clock in the wall as I continue to wait for Lucas to get back home from work. I've been waiting for three hours for him to get home.He was supposed to be here  three hours ago but he still isn't here.
I tried calling and texting him but I can't get hold of him and I'm getting worried as the minutes pass by because he never misses our anniversary.

Seeing that he's not coming home anytime soon I decided to clean up everything .I took off my heels and cleaned the table and as I finished up cleaning the door opened and Lucas walked in looking very bored and irritated. As he walked into the room I smelled something off,like a cheap perfume.

"Hey,I've been waiting for you.Where have you been?" I say as I took a look at his clothes.There were wrinkled which was unusual.

"Just stop with stupid questions already,Aurora. I'm tired and I just want to take a shower and sleep without getting interrogated like a criminal by you."he looked at me bored which angered me because I've made dinner and dressed up nice for him only for him to show up late,smelling funny.

"Well sorry for wanting to celebrate  anniversary with my husband.You were supposed to be home three hours ago.Where the hell have you been,Lucas?" I snapped at him and I saw him rolling his eyes at me as he made his way upstairs with me following closely behind him.

"I'm tired man,I don't have time for your bullshit."he opened the bedroom and I followed.

"Lucas just answer the damn question. Why the hell are you avoiding my question?"

"I was at the club.Forgive me for wanting to spend time alone without you clinging onto me.I didn't know it was a crime to be alone."he angrily said shocking me with his tone.

"On our anniversary?Really Lucas?Is our anniversary not important to you?" By now I was fighting the tears that were threatening to fall. I was hurt by his behaviour and attitude towards me.

"Damn woman we've been celebrating stupid anniversary for the past three years now. Stop making a big deal out of nothing." He snapped as he took off his tie.

"I'm not making a big deal out of nothing.Today is a special day for us.We are supposed to celebrate the day we got married. I've spend the whole day cooking for us.I dressed up and looked nice for you.The least you could've done is show up on time and show appreciation not be a damn dick."

"Nobody asked you. You did that out of your own free will."he said with a bored tone. He looked uninterested in what we are talking about and showed no guilt or remorse.

"What the hell is going on with you lately?You've been coming home late and you hardly touched me this month."i asked looking at him as he took off his suit.

"I want divorce." My eyes widen in shock and I stood frozen in front of him.I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"W..what?" I whisper in a low tone regardless of being in shock.

"I don't want to be with you anymore Aurora. I don't have any love for you. You've became way too clingy and boring lately. I don't want to be married to you anymore.I want out of this stupid marriage. I want freedom,I want divorce." My head started spinning as I repeat the words in my head.He doesn't love me anymore and he wants divorce. He wants to leave me after everything we've been through together.

I briefly closed my eyes wanting this to be a horrible nightmare I would wake up from. I tried so hard to hold back my tears.

When I opened my eyes he was looking at me with no regret,he was emotionless.

"Why are you doing this to me?Did I do something to make you want to divorce me ? "i asked with teary eyes. "We can fix whatever it is that I did. We can even try marriage counselling." I quickly added.

"I alreay told you the reason why, Aurora. I don't love you anymore.There is nothing to fix. I'm going to sleep in the guest room."without saying anything else he left the room leaving me heartbroken and shocked.

~~~~~~

That night I didn't sleep at all I felt empty. I literally spent the whole night crying while replaying his words over and over in my mind. It felt like a dream.I couldn't believe he did that to me on our anniversary. I wondered when did he realise that he no longer has feelings for me.

Two days later Lucas left me a note telling me to pack my things.Later that night I felt heartbroken and alone so I decided to call the person whom I haven't talked to in years because I choose Lucas over him which is my grandfather.

My grandfather did answer when I called him. I apologized and told him about my failed marriage. He said he always knew that my marriage won't last. He really didn't care at all. And when I asked if I could come stay with him at first he refused but he ended up agreeing after I pleaded with him. I know that I'm not his favorite person in the world and he definitely doesn't want me to stay with him but I really hope we can fix our relationship because he is all I have left.

After talking to him for about four minutes he hanged up the phone and with a sigh decided to start packing my things.

I took out two suitcases and started packing my clothes,shoes and bags. I made sure that I only packed the things I bought with my own money.I didn't take any of the jewellery. As I was packing the bedroom door opened and in walks Lucas. I broke eye contact and went back to packing.

"Make sure you're free tomorrow. We'll be signing the divorce papers ,I already talked to my lawyer."my heart broke ones more as he said that with no emotions.

"Okay."i answered without looking at him. "Did you find a place to live yet?I need you out of my house sooner than later."he added.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be gone by tomorrow when you get back from work."

"That's good because I don't want you staying here any longer." With that being said he walked out of the room.

Once done packing I sat on the bed and started thinking of a way forward for me. First thing I need to do is find a job then a place to live because I know that my grandfather won't be happy with me staying with him for too long.

Later that night before sleeping I went through our photo album. Looking at the pictures I started to wonder where did our marriage go wrong?
How did Lucas go from a loving husband to a cold and heartless stranger?

I had so many questions with no answer.Around midnight I went to the downstairs guestroom where I slept.

~~

The following morning I showered then put my suitcases in my car.Once done I took one last look at the house I called home before I drove to the lawyer's office.

{END OF CHAPTER 1}

WORDS COUNT:1328.