You Belong to Somebody Else II (j.o)*

Start from the beginning

Jenna averted her eyes from the sight, trying to keep herself contained. There's too much going on. Between not knowing what Percy wanted to talk about and there being an unhealthy amount of ambiguity with your connection... reconnection...whatever, she didn't need to react.

Percy entered the museum dining area, he leaned against the food table, helping himself to a chip from one of the bowls. Jenna came in after him, quietly. She played with a bracelet on her wrist. Her eyes were fixed on Percy as he ate another chip, he was silently watching her back.

Jenna walked closer to him, now scratching her wrist. He took another chip, finishing it in a single bite, "Why are you so nervous?"

Jenna licked her lips, uncomfortably answering, "I'm not..." And it was true, Jenna was honestly focused on you and your date.

Percy laughed as he dusted his hands. He dug in his teeth with his tongue before he added, "Right, uh, what's your ex's job again?"

Jenna uncomfortably laughed, "W-What?"

"What's her job?"

"She's a gaffer..." Jenna held her own hands, "Why?"

"So that's why she wasn't holding a camera; her job is lighting." He stated, sounding an alarm in Jenna's mind. She sucked in her cheeks.

Percy nodded to himself, crossing his arms, he glanced at Jenna, "What do you think about the lighting out there?"

Jenna looked over her shoulder, examining the showcase area, she answered, "I think it's nice; you can see everyone clearly, there's no cords. I think it's good, very clean work."

Heavy steps approached Jenna. She turned her head to see Percy eerily close. He took her hands in his, massaging the back of hers with his thumbs, he gave her a smile, "Good talk."

He leaned down and kissed Jenna on the cheek. He let her go, grabbing another chip and exiting the dining area.

Jenna watched him, carefully. Jenna had no idea what he was thinking and was becoming paranoid. Before she could overthink the situation, you and your date stumbled into the dining area, sharing a laugh, not even noticing Jenna.

Jenna spun her heel and stomped to the bowl of chips. The sound of her heels got your attention, you looked up to see Jenna stuffing a chip in her mouth, overlooking the rest of the refreshments at the table. Sasha joined Jenna at the refreshment table, she looked at you, "Babe —"

Jenna broke her neck, squinting at the word choice of the woman. "— do you want something?"

Jenna reached for the bowl and took another chip, chewing loudly. Sasha snapped her neck to look at Jenna, whom was now grabbing a bottle of water, still crunching on her chip. Sasha cringed at the loud chewing before she returned her attention to you, "Uh, chips? Fruit? Water?"

You were looking at Sasha, but your peripheral caught Jenna sending you a smirk. You replied, "I'm alright, you get what you want."

Jenna drank her water, fighting a laugh. You clenched your jaw; you knew very well that Jenna was a jealous type, and you knew the game she was about to play. Sasha was doing well though, ignoring Jenna's audible plea for attention. Let's hope it stays that way.

"'You get what you want,' a phrase every woman wants to hear, am I right?" Jenna spoke, suddenly.

"Right," Sasha answered, looking at Jenna. She recognized her, she squealed, "Oh my god, don't you play the Addams family girl? Wednesday?"

"Wednesday, yeah." Jenna nodded; Sasha took her bait. You shook your head, whispering curses to yourself.

"Oh wow, I loved that show. You killed it! My eyes were glued to the screen; you were amazing in every scene!" Sasha gushed.