XI. The Alive Five

Chapter 11,
    The Alive Five
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The day was draining, everyone in the group was on edge about the whole ghostface killings that they started to be skeptical of one another. Camden and Mika were in the kitchen, cooking dinner while Aurora, Daphne, Alaska, and Mikaela sat in the living room, watching the TV. The silence was so loud, as the two shared glances.

  "I think you should get out of the city with Alaska. You know, considering what happened to you two last time." Mika blurted out, as she turned to the boy, she liked Camden too much to allow him to get hurt anymore than he was now.

  Camden just stood there with a small smirk, watching the shorter girl go on a small ramble of how she cared for their safety and that they needed to save themselves before it was too late. 

 "I wouldn't blame you, if you chose to leave." Mika muttered, knowing she would be heart broken if he were to disappear on her, but she would understand.

  "That's very thoughtful of you, but uhm, Mik, I don't think I'm going anywhere." Camden replied, unable to maintain eye contact with her.

  There was no denying that Camden had begun to catch feelings for Mika, but he made sure not to show it too much. Until that night, where they both slipped up and nearly kissed, but that only made Camden fall harder for her. Unbeknownst to him, Mika had fallen in love with him too, but she fell in love with him since they survived the first attack.

 "Oh my fuck, will you two make out already?" Alaska asked as she ruined their sickeningly sweet moment, while setting the table for dinner.

  Aurora chuckled as she walked over to her girlfriend and kissed her cheek, before taking some of the utensils so that she could help Alaska.

  "That is so inappropriate, dude." Camden replied as he stared at his twin sister, shaking his head.

  "Do I look like someone who has ever been appropriate their whole life? Spoiler, I do not and I never will be. Sue me." Alaska raised her middle finger with a smile dancing on her lips, as she found happiness bullying her twin brother.

  "Get it over with!" Daphne shouted from the living room as she settled some blankets and pillows down on the couch.

  Aurora walked over to the living room and sat down on the love seat, before grabbing a magazine to read as she waited for dinner to be cooked. Daphne walked into the kitchen with her three best friends, smiling at them.

  "Daph, we do not have to stay here." Alaska spoke, as she finished setting the table, Camden finished with the dinner and moved away from the stove.

 "Too damn bad, I insist. We gotta stay in a group, like you said, we're expendable now." Daphne smiles, as she grabbed a bottle of wine.

  Camden couldn't stop his smile from growing bigger by the second, Mikaela finally left her bedroom, and walked into the kitchen. Her eyes were a little red and puffy but she was feeling much better now. The girl walked over to Alaska but Camden grabbed her arm and brought her into a hug, stroking her hair as she hugged him back.

 Camden and Mikaela were always close, there wasn't a single thing that was not shared between the two. 

  "A little slumber party with the alive five!" Camden chuckled as Mikaela removed herself from his embrace to walk beside Alaska.

  "I'm sorry, what did you just fucking call us?" Mikaela asked, before laughing, the nickname was the worst.

  "You can't just give us a nickname stupid." Alaska teased her brother, Mika agreed with the girl and laughed.

  "Pretty sure I can stupid, because I just fucking did." Camden defended himself with a shit-eating grin, Daphne couldn't help but just admire the twins's antics.

  "Alive Five, up top!" Camden shouted as he raised his hand, only for Alaska, Mika, and Mikaela to shut him down, leaving him to turn to Daphne. It took some hesitation before the high five was shut down by her too. 

  Aurora looked up from her magazine and looked at the TV, as the news began to play which caught her eye. She called out to her friends who rushed to the living room to check what was going on, when Daphne's name is being said, because she was now the prime suspect in the murders that are happening. Not being able to stay for the news, Daphne walked to the dining room and sat down. 

  She just needed a night to relax, and be herself. This was going to be her night to cool down, for once, she was going to convince herself to be calm and cool, and ignore everything that went wrong.