Little Loft

Derek comes back and slides into the front seat. "Alright you're free for the evening"

"Really? Was he upset? What did you tell him?"

"Just— Trust me. I got it covered" Derek glanced at Stiles through the rear view mirror.

"Trust you? After what you said earlier?" Derek hid his entertainment when Stiles scoffed "No way. What did you tell him? Did anyone else hear?"

"I told him you weren't coming. And the only wolf down there was Isaac." He started the car and started driving towards his loft as Stiles continued to ask questions from the back seat. Derek answering with his usual cryptic responses, annoying Stiles until he gave up asking.

By the time they reached Derek's loft, Stiles was onto a different topic. Now talking endlessly about DC vs Marvel and which one was better.. or something. Derek wasn't really sure. And he wasn't really participating in the conversation either. But neither seemed to mind that.

Stiles was happy to talk about his interests, something people don't usually let him do, and Derek was happy to see him at ease again and also not asking him about practice anymore. 

Parking in his usual spot at his loft, Derek got out and pulled out Stiles too, letting him continue to talk but throwing him onto his hip once again.

He was enjoying carrying Stiles like this. Derek thought as carried the younger boy inside who continued prattling on, completely unfazed.

Inside, Derek set him down on his bed in the main room and pulled blankets around Stiles's shoulders, knowing the loft could be kind of cold to non-werewolves. Stiles always complained about how unfair it was that they had built in 'supernatural heaters' and he didn't.

"Sit here I'll be right back." Derek said turning to walk back out to the car. Stiles paused his rant to give him a devastated look.

"You're leaving me again?" Stiles reached out, grabbing onto Derek's sleeve to prevent him from going any further.

"Just for a few minutes so I can bring the backseat things inside. Then you can keep talking about uh Gotham's sewer.. alligator." Derek reasoned. He wanted to hide everything inside before Peter came home and made fun of him for going overboard. It would only take a few minutes.

"He's called Killer Croc and... and I don't want you to go..." Stiles looked down still holding onto Derek who watched with a curious raised brow.

What if Derek's not there and he starts having another panic attack he's already had a million close calls today and each one Derek's helped him with and.. a-and— He's just too scared to risk being by himself right now!

Derek let out a breath, unable to ignore the acidic scent of anxiety starting to rise from Stiles that he was becoming uncomfortable accustom to today.

Derek knew the majority of emotions scents, as did most wolves, making it easy to pin this one but thinking about it reminded him about a different sweeter scent he caught earlier during Stiles change that he still couldn't figure out.

"I guess it would be irresponsible to leave a little boy like you alone." Derek sat down beside him on the edge of the bed and Stiles still held onto Derek's sleeve.

"Hey!" Stiles tried to stifle his giggled, those pet names made his head feel silly again. "I'm not a—"

"You're still wearing the diaper aren't you? That makes you a little boy, Stiles" hehe he said it again

"Speaking of how do we finish the bet?" Derek was a little surprised Stiles hadn't just called it off entirely. Honestly he thought it was already done with once he had got Stiles out of practice. But if Stiles wanted the bet to continue, he would be happy to oblige.