"D'you think it's true? D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asks looking at the other two.

"Yes. Couldn't you tell, McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are."

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means" Harry starts as Hermione finishes what he was saying.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Ron pretends to think.

"Let's think. Who do we know who thinks Muggle-borns are scum." Hermione looks at Malfoy.

"If you're talking about him"

"Of course! You heard him 'You'll be next, Mudbloods'!"

"Did you actually think it was me" Draco looks at the trio.

"Yeah sorry" Harry says trying to avoid his eyes.

"I mean you did kind of give off the right vibes when you were younger Draco" Rory smirks at him. 

"I heard him. But Malfoy? The Heir of Slytherin?"

"Maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries."

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling" Ron suggests.

"No. Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult. Not to mention we'd be breaking about fifty school rules. And it would be dangerous. Very dangerous."

"When do we start?"

"Hermione I'm so proud of you breaking rules"

"Rory stop encouraging people to break rules" Lily scolds her daughter.

"I mean they don't seem to need much encouraging to be fair"

In a dark nook, Harry, Ron and Hermione huddle round a book entitled Moste Potente Potions.

"Here it is: 'The Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another"

"You mean, Harry and I drink some of this stuff and we turn into Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Yes."

"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything!"

"Exactly. But it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed. And, of course, we'll need a bit of whoever we want to change into too."

"Hang on now. I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it."

"Ron that's a disgusting thought" Ginny says looking at her brother in disgust.

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asks.

"A month."

"A month? But if Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then."