"Come on," Raife urged. "It isn't the same without you."

Shale sighed and opened her eyes. "Alright," she conceded as she sat up.

"Yay!" Raife cheered.

Shale got up and walked over to the edge of the pool, Raife walking next to her. The older hyena looked down at the water and eyed her sister with a smirk. Without warning, she pushed her sister into the deep end. Raife quickly emerged and spit out some water.

"Hey!" She exclaimed with a smile. "Mean."

Shale smiled and sat down on the edge, soaking her legs. "You're a big girl. You can handle it."

Raife began to swim closer, but Shale stuck her leg out to stop her. Instead of backing up, Raife grabbed onto her foot and refused to let go. "Got your foot."

Shale smirked and tried to lazily shake her off. "Oh, dear. Whatever shall I do?"

"Give up! For I have claimed victory!"

"Over my foot?"

"Over your foot!" Raife confirmed. Shale lowered her leg, dragging the younger hyena under the water before bringing her back up. "I'll never let go!"

**********

After their swim, once they were dry, they headed down the street side-by-side. "What else do you wanna do?" Shale asked with her fingers interlocked behind her head. She was now wearing a green tank top that ended just past her breasts and short shorts.

Raife, herself, had a white crop top that went down to her belly button and shorts. "How about some ice cream? It's really hot out."

"Alright, but don't get any on your fur again. Last time, you made such a mess..."

"That you had to scrub me for an hour. I remember. But I can do that myself now."

"Still... Keep it off your fur."

As they walked, Raife smiled. "I'd imagine being a... lizard, or... shark would make it easier to eat ice cream."

"Probably," was all Shale said.

Shale used her bits to purchase chocolate ice cream for Raife and dark mocha for herself. They left the vendor and continued down the road through the town. "So, pool," Shale listed off. "ice cream... What else?"

Raife looked around as she licked her ice-cold dairy treat. "I dunno. What do you wanna do?"

"It's your birthday."

"And I wanna do something you wanna do."

Shale sighed. "Fine. Come on."

**********

Shale brought them to a building with a sign that said Punch-Out. "Here we are."

"The fight club?" Raife asked.

"It's not a club. Anyone can watch the fights. And anyone can challenge. Two more years, and I can be challenged."

"Is that something you're looking forward to?"

Shale nodded and punched her palm. "You bet. Now, come on," she said, ushering them both inside.

They were greeted by loud music and cheering as they saw a bar on the right and a boxing ring at the back. There were currently two fighters, a male tiger and a male wolf, currently engaged in mixed martial arts. Shale brought Raife closer for a better look.

"This is awesome," Shale said with a smile.

This wasn't really Raife's scene but she enjoyed seeing her sister happy. After about five more minutes of punches and kicks, the tiger went down and the wolf was declared the winner. He was a black wolf with a scar down his left eye and wearing boxing shorts. Shale seemed to be staring at his muscular chest and drooling.

The host of the exhibition, a brown weasel, wearing a suit, stepped into the ring and held up the wolf's arm. "The winner... is Drago!"

The crowd cheered, as did Shale. "That was awesome!" She exclaimed. "He kicked ass!"

**********

After the fight, they headed back home as Shale punched at the air as if fighting an opponent. "That was sick. I can't wait until I can enter the ring."

"I don't wanna see you get hurt, sis."

"I'll be fine. Plus, the winner is well-paid."

"Really?"

"Yeah. The fights draw in crowds. Crowds earn the establishment money from food and drinks. The winner gets a portion of the pay."

"As long as you win."

"Oh, I'll win, alright. Or, do you doubt me?"

Raife giggled. "Oh, I don't doubt. I bet you'll beat every single one."

"Damn straight, sister."

**********

When they arrived back at home, their parents still weren't back yet, so they just hung out in the living room. Shale was reading a book while Raife read a comic on the floor, resting on the soft carpet. The two were silent before Raife closed her comic.

"I'm bored."

Shale eyed her as she turned the page of her book. "And?"

"And I wanna do something."

"Like... what?"

Raife let out a long and deep sigh as she thought. "I don't know. I just wish mom and dad were back."

"They said they'd be out all day," Shale pointed out. "At least they're bringing home cake."

"Don't remind me."

"You just had ice cream. Give your stomach a break."

"You know what sounds good right now? A nice, juicy steak."

Shale turned the page. "You're not wrong."

"You think that's what dinner's gonna be?"

"Not sure, but... now I'm hoping it is."

Raife rolled onto her back and kicked her feet in the air with a groan. "This is torture!"

"No, torture is listening to your little sister complain about being bored."

The younger hyena lay flat on the floor as she stared up at the ceiling. "Wanna go outside and wrestle?"

Shale looked over. "You think you can take me?"

"No. But it'll be fun."

Shale smiled and closed her book. "Let's go, pipsqueak."