Chapter 24 - Live in the High

Start from the beginning

"I wish I could," I answered. "I really wish I could." With that, I heard the whistle blow, and I left Eden, going back to my seat beside Lia.

Extra time was hectic. Viv was still going strong, even though it looked like she would collapse at any moment. Jill Roord was also pushing herself, more than I had ever seen before, with support from DVD, Jackie Groenen, and Mila Bakker. Whoever won this game would have to come up against Germany in the semi-final, allowing for no easy route, but if the Dutch girls were to get past this stage, I had confidence they could get to Wembley.

France was then awarded a penalty.

"Shit," I said, burrowing my head in my hands. "Shit. Is there VAR?"

"Yes," Lia responded. Caitlin was watching on her phone, trying to see the replay of the tackle in the box that led to the penalty being awarded.

"It should be checked," Caitlin then said. "There was clear ball."

I tried finding some confidence in that, and to all our delight, it was overturned. VAR ruled it out; the Dutch girls all sighed in relief.

Then a miracle happened. It was the 119th minute. Mila Bakker was streaming down the wing. She was looking up, trying to find any runners in the box. But Viv, was still in transition, and DVD and Jackie Groenen were nowhere to be found. Jill Roord was the only option; she was running as fast as she ever has before.

Mila then crossed it, and Jill came running in, getting her head onto the ball, and pushing it past the French keeper.

We all jumped up, smiling and cheering for the team. I looked down at the rows in front, seeing Eden jumping up and down; that was suspicious.

After the match had ended, and the Dutch girls were celebrating, I saw Ellie go down to the barrier, finding her girlfriend and hugging her. I sighed, knowing what this meant. I was just an 'if', and never would be a 'when', and in my heart, and in my head, I knew that was okay. Because she was my 'if'.

Eden was at the barrier, beside Ellie, and Mila and Jill soon came over to her. I found it somewhat weird that my sister knew these people who I had known for so long. It still didn't sit right that Eden had been under my nose for so long.

Lia and Caitlin saw me staring, and they each grabbed one of my hands, bringing me down to Viv, who was nearly dying but so elated.

"Amazing job!" I said to my Arsenal teammate, hugging her as she tried to bring her breath back.

"You killed it," Caitlin said, holding Viv's back as she leaned against the barrier.

"That was so hard," Viv replied, honestly.

"You did it," I said, putting my arm around her.

"Yeah, but-"

"No, buts," I interrupted. "Just live in the high." She smiled at me and leant her head on my shoulder.

The Dutch girls soon went back inside, and Lia, Caitlin, and I headed back to London. I sat in the car, staring out the window and looking up at the dark night sky.

I fell asleep, and we soon arrived at Caitlin and Lia's place.

"You okay to crash here?" Lia asked as we got out of the car.

"Yeah, sounds good." In all honesty, I was glad. I wanted to stay with them. I liked the company more than being alone in my apartment.

I woke up the next morning, wanting more than anything to see Leah. I knew we couldn't break the rules, but something in my heart told me that I had to.

I grabbed my keys, leaving a note to Lia and Caitlin thanking them both for the lift. As I checked my clock, it was 6 am. I woke up early, most likely because of the alcohol I had had at the game. Whenever I drink, I always end up naturally waking up early the next morning, thirsty for water.

I grabbed an Uber, taking it straight to where I knew Leah was staying.

"How the fuck am I going to do this?" I said to myself, under my breath. There was security, which is never a good sign. "Act confident, and no one will question you." I kept my head up, walking through the gates, and through the hotel lobby. No one was looking up from their desks, and the security was basically asleep in their seats.

Tippah: what room?

Leah: huh?

Tippah: what room?

Leah: tippah jones what have you done?

Tippah: what room?

Leah: 2039

Tippah: thx

I knocked on the door, and within two seconds, Leah answered the door.

"Tippah fucking Jones," she said, laughing. I didn't listen to her, and instead, walked straight inside, wrapping my arms around her neck, and feeling her body pressing against mine.

"I missed you too much," I said, kissing her softly, and speaking in between.

"You are such a rule breaker," Leah laughed.

"Well, rules were made to be broken," I replied, chuckling.

"That they were," Leah answered. She kissed me, once more, her arms running along my back. I missed her; I missed this. She, Leah fucking Williamson, was all I needed.

note:

- well hope u leah fans r happy but lol there is a lot to go so never be too confident

- what r we thinking/predicting?

- also LIA SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT YAYAYA