{{𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11}}

~💚~

Stuffy...
Cold...
Exhausted...

Nikolai sat dazed on his hard bedroom floor, eyes dull, face scarred with tears... His eyes stared at nothing... His brain registered nothing... but the low buzz of silence in his ears. There he sat... frozen... broken... The young Madrigal did not even notice the small cracks throughout his room slowly vanishing. He merely sat, breathing, surviving. 

There was suddenly a low rumble, and the floor and walls of Nikolai's room began to shake. Nikolai continued to stare out, his body jerking up and down softly with the room. The cracks that had previously begun to fade reappeared twice as thick, scaling the walls and cracking the glass roof. Nikolai didn't move... didn't blink as pieces of wall began to crumble around him, splinters of vines and trees falling to the floor with hollow thuds. Inhaling, the sound of his breath echoed in Nikolai's ears, his eyes watching his room dissolve through his fogged-up vision. 

Another low rumble shook Casita before an enormous crack broke through the middle of the floor, this time, causing a shockwave so hard it sent Nikolai bouncing just off the floor and into the air. Landing with a thud on his side, Nikolai blinked, placing his hand on the floor beside him to prop himself up as he looked around his room. The Stone colors were crumbling, and the glass roof shattered. 

"AAH~!" Nikolai shut his eyes and turned his face to the floor, bringing his arm up to cover his head. 

The house continued to shake vigorously, more and more cracks breaking down their Home. Nikolai scrambled to his feet, his heart beginning to beat furiously in his chest. He turned and ran toward the staircase. 

"No," He skids to a stop, turning and running back toward his bed, shoving his hand under his pillow and grabbing the cold jade of his father's vision. 

Panting for a second, Nikolai turned and headed back toward the steps, only to stop as a chunk of column fell in front of him, taking the staircase out. Nikolai hugged his vision to his chest, stepping backward as his breathing raged. He was trapped. Darting his eyes from left to right, Nikolai paused to look at the edge of his floor. The wood was broken and falling one by one to the forest floor below. 

"Okay..." Nikolai whispered, shuffling his left foot forward slowly towards the edge. 

"One step at a time..." He stuttered as he grew closer and closer to the edge. 

The floor shook violently and Nikolai paused with wobbling legs. He shut his eyes and bent his knees to crouch and get a better balance on the rickety flooring, his heart beating so hard his whole body shook in fear. Reopening his eyes, Nikolai focused on the closing-in edge as he fearfully took another step, his knees quivering so hard he was worried his body would just fall apart like the petals of a wilted rose. 

Finally reaching the edge, Nikolai slowly craned his neck to look over at the row of trees below. Maybe this was his only way out... to jump and pray that he managed one of the tree tops so he could slide down to the floor. Breathing fast, Nikolai nodded to himself as he tried to hype himself up, trying to grow the resolve to fling himself from his second-floor bedroom to the treetops 10 feet below. Rushing back along the floor to stand before his bed, Nikolai looked down at his vision and shoved it into the back of his pants along his back before sucking and blowing air in and out over and over again as he prepared to do this. 

"Here goes nothing," He muttered and began to run forward. 

~CrAsH!~

"NAAAAAAAAAAHHH~" Nikolai screamed as another piece of debris crashed through the floor, destroying the platform and dragging him down. 

~SpLaSh!~

A high-pitched ringing flooded Nikolai's ears as the air around him suddenly turned to water, his lungs burnt as he held his breath. Pushing to swim to the surface, Nikolai gasped as his head broke through the water, coughing hazardously. Shaking his head and wet hair, Nikolai treaded tirelessly as he looked around.

'This must be where the waterfall flows into,' He thought to himself. 

Just then a sharp pain shot through his leg, and Nikolai grimaced, clenching his teeth and shutting his eyes. Looking down into the water Niko could see his left leg not moving at all. A large wave suddenly overtook him, forcing him back underwater for a second. Reemerging, Nikolai spat the water from his mouth as he tried to think of a way out. He'd never seen this pool, and he couldn't see the forest leading out of his room. Nikolai brought his hand up to wipe the water from his face, catching the glowing green beginning to sink in the pool. 

"No!" Niko drew in a deep breath and tried his hardest to swim after the sinking vision. 

He stuck his hand out to try and grab it, clenching his teeth as he looked back at his broken leg, casting his narrow eyes back to the vision as it sank into the dark water. Nikolai choked, and paused, turning to swim back to the surface. Reaching the top once again, Nikolai let out a cry as his tears mixed with the water on his face. 

"Dolores!" He cried out, panting. 

"Dolores pleas~" His call was cut by another small wave, pushing water into his mouth. 

"Someone!" He sobbed. 

"Please! HELP ME!" Nikolai screamed and he cried. 

A small piece of wall fell into the water, hitting Nikolai on the head. Nikolai yelped before his vision went blurry and his body stopped fighting the water. Slowly he sank, the small amount of blood from his wound tinting the water around him. Nikolai watched his room continue to break as he sank, his blurry vision closing in before all he saw was nothing, darkness, his body lowering inch by inch into the freezing water. 

Was this it? 

Was Niko going to die here...

Hurt...
Freezing...

Alone...