𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

'cause we all could use some peace and harmony

it had now been a few weeks since steve and iris had been in a serious relationship, things just seemed to get stronger between them. and their brothers couldn't be more happier for their only sister.

it was currently a school day, iris was walking with steve to school because they felt like they needed some fresh air before getting to school. they were holding each other's hands, not wanting to let each other go.

"iris," steve spoke while they were still walking. "yes?" she asked, looking at him. "once we're eighteen and we're still together should we get married?" he asked. "yes" she quickly nodded. "good" he said with a wide grin.

as soon as they got to school, they walked over to the library, where they spent their mornings together before class started. while they were at the library they would always have quiet conversations or iris would be reading a book quietly while steve just listened to her lovely voice.

while iris was close to finishing a page of the book she was reading, the bell rang, making a raucuous noise. steve quickly got up while iris put the book back in it's shelf, he immediately offered her a hand while she simply smiled and took his hand, getting up from the carpet floor.

a few days after their "date" that night, steve would always walk iris to her classes so that she wouldn't be alone. and if he was let out early from his classes, he would always wait for iris at her class so that he could walk her to her next class. then for their last classes, he would wait for her outside.

"i'll see you during lunch," steve said, giving iris a quick peck on the cheek. iris smiled, walking inside her class then sitting at her desk, which was next to the window, where she would always stare at when she got her work done.

✭✭✭✭✭

during lunch, the cafeteria was always crowded, though some people would take advantage of their lunch time to either get out of school to get their lunch either from home or the dingo or get out of school to go to work or just stay home and do nothing while their peers had to suffer miserably by having to get educated.

iris sat down with ponyboy, two-bit, johnny and steve at their usual spot at the cafeteria. somehow, two-bit was able to sneak out of school and get lunch for everyone from the dingo before everyone else did.

"y'all excited for the school year to end?" two-bit asked as he began to eat his burger. "who isn't?" johnny asked. "me" ponyboy spoke, eating a french fry. "well that's 'cause you're a nerd" steve joked. ponyboy simply rolled his eyes and continued eating his lunch. "c'mon steve" iris whispered. "sorry" he whispered back, immediately getting quiet.

"say, y'all wanna go to the drive-in or somethin' this weekend?" two-bit asked, clearly uncomfortable by the silence. "i'll go" ponyboy nodded. "yeah, me too i've got nothin' to do anyway" johnny said. "are y'all two plannin' on goin' with us?" two-bit asked, looking at both steve and iris.

"i'll go," iris nodded, then turned to steve, "are you going?" she asked. "i was gonna plan on seeing a drag race, but i'll go with you" he said, kissing iris's cheek. "gross" ponyboy said, looking away from them two. iris giggled and shook her head.

hi everybody! 💋

hi everybody! 💋

im back with another chapter. so, i've been trying to think a title for my next fan fic which got me distracted from writing this book but i then realized that i had to write just three (now two more) chapters and then i could worry about my next fan fic

anywho, i got the perfect plot for my next fan fic and ahhh im so excited for y'all to read it soon (sometime next week)

next chapter will be the 'epilogue' and then the author's note. i can't believe it's about to be three months since i even started writing this book holy cow

also, happy pride month to those part of the lgbtqia community! 💗

stay gold 💗

~ alma