Chapter 4

The house was just as peaceful as the place. There was a huge garden in front of the house which had thousands of flowers and a sitting area in a corner. Entering the house we spotted everything colourful,starting from the curtains to the door mat. "I love colorful stuffs as the make us feel young and playful" Mrs Henrietta said.

Mrs Henrietta showed us our room. I loved it. It had a huge balcony and colourful curtains hanging. The room was perfect and peaceful which made me feel homesick somehow.

"Hi!" I heard an excited voice behind me. I turned around and before I could speak she spoke again," I am Mrs Henrietta's daughter. I am so happy, finally I am getting nee friends! Thank you for helping us I am missing my tv programs and especially music. Hope we get along! And I am Hue." She said happily. "I am Marina an-" "and she is Lacey" Hue completed the sentence for her.

"You have really beautiful eyes, blue like the ocean." Hue complimented me and I smiled in return. "This place sucks without television and network and your phone is basically of no use here" Danny complained.

Danny is Hue's elder brother and when Danny showed up a blush started creeping on Martina's cheeks. In afternoon Hue and Danny took us to look around the village.

"Who"s at the neighborhood?" I asked Danny. "Well Uncle Jeb, the foreman and his friend Will is staying over there too." He replied. Yes! Jonah is my neighbor! Just in the moment I saw Danny walk out of the house with Will. He looked straight into my eyes and with a smile he started walking towards me.

"I am glad we are neighbors." Jonah started the conversation. "Hey Lace we are going back. Do you wanna come or hangout with Jonah some more time?" Hue asked. I wanted to stay but this would give a hint that I was interested in him. Wait! Am I interested? Jonah replied snapping me away from my thoughts."Yeah we would like to see the place for ourselves" he replied Hue and they walked away waving me.

"So you are a senior?" I asked " I believe so! I never saw you even though you lived so near to my house" Jonah said looking at me. I admired the way he had chiseled jaw."Now we met, so we should meet up after this camp" I replied him looking at my locked hands.

We were walking randomly through the forest admiring the different types of green and debating whether orang utan lived here or not. We heard birds chirping loudly from a direction. "Jonah, let's follow the sound and find out the place of its source" I said dragging him with me. As soon as I realized I held his hand I released it. He had a slight grin which I tried to ignore.

After a ten minutes walk we got closer to the sound. Daylight was peeking in from the gaps of the leaves. I was too busy admiring the environment when Jonah said slowly, "Oh my God!" I turned around to see in his direction and I was mesmerized. Ahead lied a meadow, more beautiful than one can imagine!