Chapter 2

The camp was starting tomorrow. I was too excited to sleep, the whole night I kept thinking about the place, people, the adventure, knowing new people.

Turning other side of the bed I glanced at my clock. Six in the morning. I quickly got up remembering that I have flight at nine. I took a long shower and dressed up quickly. I stood in front of my mirror admiring my long black waves. The blue top along with skin jeans seemed to fit me perfectly, thanks to Ash.

I heard knock on my door when it was seven. My mom peeked in, "you read- You look beautiful ,honey!" My mom exclaimed and I gave her a smile in return. "Let's get to the airport before you miss the plane."

The airport was crowded as usual. People rushing in, some bidding farewell, some crying. I took out the papers needed and sat down with my mom in the waiting zone. Mom started to fill in by all instructions- what to do and what not to do. I was nodding in response until a girl sat beside me. "You for the volunteering trip?" She asked. I nodded and asked, "You?" "Me too! I am Marina and you a..... are Lacey!" She replied taking a look at my entrance form.

The waiting zone started to fill with the teens for the camp. Mom left some minutes ago bidding me farewell. I am all alone for next five weeks, I thought. Two adults walked in front of us. "Hey I am Michelle and he is Bob, we will be supervising you guys for the next five weeks. I am really happy that you all are here to help people" Michelle said with a large smile on her face. "Well guys now we get to Costa Rica. Let's get to the plane!" Bob yelled in excitement.

Just in the nick of time a guy entered with black hair and puffy eyes. He had a bag hung on his shoulder. He looked like a strict, conservative person. With us he walked to the plane which felt like ages. Seat 32. It was my seat. I sat comfortably and enjoying the view from the window seat.

The black haired guys walked towards my seat as if he was going to tell me something. My heart skipped a beat. Instead he took the seat beside me showing me his seat number. Seat 33. I smiled and thought of starting the conversation," Hi I am Lacey." "I am Jonah" he smiled back. "This trip is going to be exciting. Good Lord I found out about this camp. How did you find out?" I said giving him a huge smile, "Well my dad found it out and asked me to join. So here I am." The food was served in twenty minutes. And it was crab. "Do you like crabs?" I asked him. "Uh no actually."

After few hours of chatting with him he became quite comfortable with me. " In ten minutes we will be landing Costa Rica" a voice woke me up from my sleep. I found Jonah staring at me. "We are here?" I asked stirring up from sleep "Almost" he replied.