Chapter 3

We reached Costa Rica at noon. I was gathering my bags when someone looped her hand around mine. It was Marina." Forgot me already? You do know that we will be staying as guests in Mrs Henrietta's house?"she asked. "Yeah I know that and I am glad we are paired!"I replied excitedly. We had same identity numbers except her one was 12A and mine 12B.

Bob grabbed our attention when when we got out of the airport and stood as a group in front of our bus," Well you guys are 60 in number. Half of you will be building the community building in Valley Dulch and half of you will be living in tents and help them repair their homes. Well the one in Valley Dulch are identity 1 to 15 A and B both. And others Gamelo." We all nodded in agreement. I spotted Jonah in a corner with serious look. He wore a black t-shirt with jeans which made him look really hot. He had wide shoulders. He looks so manly. I pushed away the thought and tried to focus on Bob.

"Well i will be needing a foreman from each group. So who wants to be?" Bob asked us. "I would never be" I heard Marina comment from behind." Neither would I" I replied. Just then I saw a hand raise up. I was Jonah's. "Great! Jonah you are the foreman from Valley Dulch and Ellen from Gamelo. Now get on the bus and it will leave you to your destination." Bob ended.

Jonah our foreman. Interesting. When I took a window seat and Marina beside me I saw Jonah taking a seat behind me and when our eyes met he smiled and I smiled back. "Is there anything going on between you two?" Marina asked poing Jonah. "What? No!" I exclaimed. I don't like him. But he is different for you. My mind spoke up. I pushed the thoughts aside.

We landed in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica and from there the villges were some kilometers away. The road was exciting for Marina but not for me. It felt like we were riding a roller coaster and the bus seemed to speed up every second. I grabbed onto my seat really tight and yell everytime we were going down. Once I felt like tgis is it, I am going to die but then I heard Jonah say,"it is okay Lace" and in a second I became quiet.

I hated myself for acting weirdly when I heard his voice. " We reached Valley Dulch" the driver informed. As we went down the valley came in my sight. It was beautiful with trees everywhere. The birds were chirping and the place seemed nothing like our city but peaceful.

"Mrs Henrietta?" Marina asked an old woman."Yes! So you are?"she asked cheerfully. "I am Marina and she is Lacey, we will be staying at your place" Marina replied with a large smile. "I love guests but I guess my daughter will love you guys more. Lets get going!" She said and led us to her house which was a walking distance.