Chapter 1

"Seriously Lace? We won't be meeting this summer?" Ashley asked with a disappointed look. "Nope! I convinced mom for that volunteering camp!" I replied excitedly, "Well then I'll help you with packing and gathering information. Wait, will there be any hot guys?" Her eyes suddenly lit up with excitement. "Even if there is, I don't care" I replied with a seriously-Ashley look. "Yeah yeah, you don't believe in love, better die single and stuff. Btw see you later, Will's here" I saw Will, Ashley's true love according to her, hugs her and gives me a hi! I I reply and walk opposite direction of the stinky lovey dovey couple.

After reaching home I take a refreshing bath and then search for more information on how to build a building. "Lace, come down honey lunch's ready" I heard my mom call out for me. "I will miss you honey" mom said, "Mom it's just five weeks, it will be gone before you can realize" I reply with a smile. I lost my father at the age of 14 and since then my mother reared me up. She never left me alone until this summer. I wanted to spend this summer in a different way.

It was my last day of high school and the camp was starting after five days and I was pretty excited. Mom permitted me as all my life I've been responsible and a great student and was way more matured than my other friends.

" Here I am!" Ashley yelled from behind. "I was nearly having a heart attack Ash!" I was panting due to the sudden shock. Before i could say anything more Ash was dragging me out of my bed, "Hey what do you think you are doing?", "Taking you to do shopping Dumbass!"

"This will look hot on you Lace , the guys are gonna drool!" she nearly yelled! "Hey! I am going to a camp not a party!". "Take it, it will help you". After insisting I bought it along with other dozens of clothes but not for impressing guys. What if I fell in love again? No! That's not possible! I won't waste time on such stupid thing. I need to focus on life rather than love. I was snapped out of my thought when Ash pulled out her car in front of my house. "Thanks Ash, see ya later" with that I strode into my house.

I was glad while surfing internet on weird sites I found this awesome opportunity. I would go to Costa Rica to help bunch of people. We as a group would be building their community building as it crashed down during a tsunami. There will be two leaders, Michelle and Bob. We will be under their supervision and at the end of the fifth week the best worker will receive a trophy. And I wanted that!

******
Guys this is my first chapter so forgive me for any mistakes! And if you like the chapter please vote and comment! ;)

-Raisa