14. First Step is the Hardest

Start from the beginning

There's a slight smile curved onto the tired pro heros face as he shifts his eyes down then back at the blonde who holds crimson eyes of determination.

" I would expect nothing less from you Bakugo. There's a reason you were the call that I made."

Suddenly there's a sleepy voice behind them.

" Kacchan? Who.. who's here?" Izuku yawns.

Aizawa turns around to meet groggy green eyes that widen when he sees his old teacher.

" M-Mr Aizawa! Is.. is everything ok?"

The male nods with a smile.

" Everything is fine Midoriya. I was in the area so I dropped in to check on you and Bakugo."

As raven eyes take in his old student he can see very noticeable improvements. Izuku looks better, stronger, his eyes clear and brighter. His weight is back and there's is definitely a great deal of muscle regained. He's beginning to look like the Izuku he was before the accident.

He can't help but smile.

" You look well Izuku. Bakugo tells me you have made quite a bit of progress."

The greenett gives him a smile with a nod.

" Yes. I am definitely able to do more than I could with the help of Kacchan working with me, I mean I'm not really walking yet but...."

He pauses looking over at the blonde who smirks at him with pride.

" Go on Deku, show him nerd."

Aizawa raises a brow looking back and forth between the two, then raven eyes shift back to the greenett when he hears the unmistakable sound of green lightening crackling to life.

He watches in amazement as the greenett concentrates all his energy into his quirk with his eyes closed. Once again green energy travels down his legs growing brighter as soon as it hits its destination.

Katsuki steps up beside Izuku quietly as to not break the powerful mindset he knows this is taking behind those closed green eyes. He puts his hand out and watches a scarred one take it knowing it's there without even having to look.

Aizawa isn't sure exactly what's taking place here but he knows it's something big as he feels his own heart rate increase as he watches.

And he was right thinking it was something big when he sees Izuku stand with just a little help from the blonde hero who let's go and steps back as soon as he's on his feet.

The raven-eyed underground pro hero isn't known for being overly emotional but when emerald eyes open and meet his with a glimmer of shining hope and a sheen of unshed tears, Aizawa's own eyes begin to well with pride and amazement..

" Problem Child this is out standing news, look at you.", he whispers with a shaky voice at the hero who had indeed been like a son during UA.

Katsuki grins with pride at the greenett who's still standing as he speaks.

" Pretty badass huh? Those doctors can fuck right off cause this is definitely improvement and this nerd is going to walk again. This is why using his quirk is so damn important."

Izuku looks over at the blonde and smiles wide with a head nod then shifts his sights back to his old teacher whos smiling back at him.

" Yes, I would definitely have to agree. Have you been able to take any steps yet?"

Green eyes shift down to the ground, as wash of sudden sadness hits them.

" No.. not.. not yet. I seem to stumble when I try that and Kacchan has to catch me.", he softly says.