flinch II lee know

(427 words)

--------

You and Minho sit on the couch, the air between you thick with tension. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest as you argue about his job as a member of the mafia. You're scared, terrified even, of the danger that he's in every day.

But Minho tries to reassure you, to explain that he's careful, that he knows how to protect himself. He tells you that he'll never let anything happen to you, that you're the most important thing in his life.

But even though you want to believe him, you can't help the fear that grips you. You know that the world he lives in is dangerous, that anything could happen at any moment. And the more you think about it, the more you realize just how helpless you are.

In the midst of your thoughts, you see Minho raise his hand to express a point. And in that instant, you flinch, your body recoiling as you brace for impact. You close your eyes, waiting for the blow to fall.

But it never does. Instead, you feel Minho's hand fall back to his lap, and you open your eyes to see him looking at you with concern.

"I would never hurt you," he says, his voice firm and reassuring. "You know that, right?"

Tears prick at your eyes as you nod, feeling embarrassed by your reaction. "I'm sorry," you whisper. "I don't know what came over me."

Minho takes your hand in his, his grip gentle but strong. "It's okay," he says. "I understand why you're scared. But I promise you, I would never hurt you. Not like that."

You look up at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes, and you realize just how much you love him. Despite everything, you trust him. You know that he's a man of his word, that he'll do whatever it takes to protect you.

Minho pulls you into his arms, holding you tightly as he murmurs words of comfort into your ear. "I love you," he says. "I'll always protect you. I'll never let anything happen to you."

You bury your face in his chest, feeling the weight of your fear lift from your shoulders. You know that life with Minho won't be easy, that there will be challenges and dangers ahead. But in that moment, you also know that you can face them together. With Minho by your side, you feel like you can take on anything that comes your way. And you know that no matter what happens, he'll always be there to hold you, to comfort you, and to keep you safe.

--------

wrote this at like 12am