Fucking...werewolves

Start from the beginning

"Why are you lecturing me?" Jace question with a tone. "Alec's the one who lost your sister!"

"Clary snuck out." The warlock told him what Alec had told her. "He went after her, it's not his fault. So stop coming for us and calm down, we'll figure it out." Holding up the shirt she held in her hands slightly, glaring at her boyfriend. "Look, whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over water. It's why my magic can't track them and no doubt your tracking runes can't either."

Suddenly, the group hears a phone coming from a certain someone's backpack.

"Clary left her phone in her backpack." Isabelle rummaged through the bag, pulling it out.

Kas went to reach for it, but Jace snatched it out of Izzy's hand first and answered. "Hello?"

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you. It's me, Simon."

"Where are you? Where's Clary?"

"I don't know. Some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out. Him and his buddy, they took us... They took us to their hangout and then they told Clary that they'll kill her if they don't find the Cup."

Jace just barely held back his eye roll. "Just calm down, all right? Tell us what you see."

"Okay. Uh...Uh, we're definitely on a pier. There's a ton of water. Uh... I see lockers and... Oh, my...I'm in some sort of torture chamber. There's claw marks all over the wall."

Since he placed it on speaker, everyone could hear what the Mundane was saying.

Belle's cocked her head to the side. "Werewolves."

Her brother shrugged. "That's possible."

"I hate werewolves." The warlock mumbled to Izzy who, despite the circumstances, snickered at her friend's tone.

"There's nothing else that can help—wait, hold on! Hold on. I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant on the pier at Greene St. And they have really inexpensive cocktails. Just hurry, just hurry."

"You need to create a diversion. Stall them."

"How? All I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, Simon." The Shadowhunter said it like it was obvious.

"That never works! Have you ever seen an action movie?"

"We're on our way." Jace hung up the phone and turned to Kassidy, like he didn't just insult her magic. "You've been there before?"

"No,-" Kas shook her head, pushing her annoyance away for the sake of finding her sister. "-but I can get us closer." She conjured up a portal, jumping through once everyone was holding onto her so they didn't get lost.

—-------

"What? Hey! Where are you taking me?"

"Someplace safe. These people aren't messing around. They will kill you."

Jace, Alec, and Kassidy followed the voices, finding the two around the corner with Clary over Luke's shoulder.

"Clary!" Kas' voice broke through from behind the boys.

"Alec!" Jace yelled at his parabatai since he was the closest.

Alec, knowing what to do, kicked Luke's shin, forcing him to drop the girl. "Got her." He caught her as Jace smashed his boot into the werewolf's face, knocking him out.

Kas checked her over for any injuries once Alec put her down. "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine, but they still have Simon. We need to find him."