The Revelation

When Y/N woke, things felt incredibly off, almost uncannily. He rose from his bed and stretched as his mental facilities booted-up, his memory of the night before kicking in shortly after.

He placed his hand over his bare chest, expecting to find a wound, but was left speechless in finding not a single scratch.

Y/N recalled the night's events leading up to the attack: walking to Issei's, entering the park, and fighting the Fallen Angel- all fresh in his mind.

Then, there's no way it was a dream or delusion. It really happened. So why aren't I dead? Didn't I die last night? Or did I survive in reality? Wait, Issei!

Noticing he was in his room by the comfort of his bed, he questioned just how he returned to his room overnight.

Everything was out of place and incorrect. No one simply escapes death, and the night prior certainly happened. Y/N resolved to go to school and meet with Issei promptly to discuss the matter.

I'm alive, so Issei must be as well. What if... what if he didn't die last night?

The time was a little less than two hours before school began. Y/N cast aside his worries for the meantime until he could talk to Issei. Then, he would interrogate his classmate.

The house was quiet enough for the boy to stop and listen for Sakurai who was softly snoring in his room.

He must have had a fun night without me around.

-------------------

Y/N arrived on-time, but had to sacrifice breakfast so he wasn't late. He took his seat and turned his head to his left where he hoped Issei was.

"Issei, how're you doing?" Asked Y/N in a low tone, his rear parked at the edge of his chair in anticipation.

Hearing no response, Y/N sighed in defeat. He cursed under his breath and laid his head on the desk.

"Y/N, what's up?" Hearing Issei's voice, Y/N shot up and felt a wave of relief wash over him.

"Issei, we need to talk. Last night." He whispered hastily, hoping no one else around heard their conversation.

"Yeah..." Issei sat at his desk and leaned in, "we're going to go talk to Rias. Kiba will be here any minute."

Y/N leaned back and scanned the room. "W-w-wait a second. You mean the guy from yesterday? Does he know something? A-and this Rias?"

"This is going to be a fun day." Issei chuckled, rubbing the back of his head.

"Issei, what's going on? Didn't we die last night? I need answers." Y/N tried to wrap his head around the situation, but couldn't grasp an understanding of last night's event paired with the names of other students.

"Just wait until we talk with Rias." Issei assured calmly.

Y/N was left to speculate and draw parallels with the little information he had. Issei was removed from the classroom after Kiba visited yesterday. Then last night, both Y/N and Issei were attacked, killed, and now were waiting to speak with one of the beauties Issei mentioned a couple of days prior.

Y/N wondered if he was overthinking the situation. Ultimately, he would have to wait for the time being. Both of the boys chose not to bother each other nor interrupt the lesson for the remainder of their wait. Forty-five minutes later, the door to the class opened revealing Kiba.