Chapter 6: The Girl From The Future

Start from the beginning

"Well? What happened in the forest, Serena?" the tan-skinned Performer asked. "Who was that girl? And what did you just give to that Pokémon Ranger, Ash?"

Serena, Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie all looked at each other. Then, Serena looked back at her friendly rival.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, Shauna," she replied.

"Try me."

Serena sighed briefly. "Well, we need to talk about it somewhere else. Somewhere private. I don't wanna risk anyone else listening in on this."

The Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel
Several minutes later

After a while, the group finally convened at a private corner, located directly outside the hotel lobby. Once everyone was assembled, Serena, Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and the black-haired couple were addressing the others.

"So what happened out there in the forest?" asked Miette.

"Did you guys find out what was causing those explosions?" Tierno asked.

"Well, uh...maybe..." Ash replied, sounding unsure of himself.

"What do you mean by 'maybe'?" Shauna asked.

"We're not really sure if we found the cause," Serena replied, speaking for Ash. "We'll definitely find out more when Summer calls us back to the Pokémon Center."

"So...what did happen in the forest...?"

At that moment, one of the strangers with Serena, Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie stepped forward. He was a young man with black hair and brown eyes, who wore small rectangular glasses, a white long-sleeved shirt with a Gengar symbol, a thick olive-green-and-black waistcoat, tan pants, a red scarf, and a large brown handbag.

"Well, first off, we found the girl and that Pichu of hers," he said. "My name's Yuu, by the way." He pointed towards his female companion, a young woman with chin-length black hair and blue eyes, who wore a pale-green jacket, an orange skirt, an orange beret, a red scarf, and a brown purse. "This is my girl- I mean, my wife Ami. We were exploring on a trail when we found that girl lying in the middle of the forest, asleep."

"When we woke her up," explained the woman, Ami, "she was scared and didn't want to come with us. So we stayed and Yuu had help come to us."

"That's where we came in," Bonnie piped up.

"So that's it?" Miette asked.

"You just found a girl there?" added Tierno, who was equally confused.

"Well, that's not all," Ash replied. "That girl, she had a..." He looked around first to see if anyone was eavesdropping. "She had a Celebi with her."

The local Pokémon Center

At the same time as Ash made that revelation, Summer was unwrapping the cloth of the bundle she was carrying, all the while standing inside the solitary confines of Nurse Joy's office. Indeed, it revealed a Celebi, who was unconscious and even more badly injured than the girl Nurse Joy was carrying.

"Oh, my goodness!" Nurse Joy exclaimed in shock and surprise. "I-Is that a-?"

"Yes, it is, Nurse Joy," Summer interrupted, looking down gravely at the Time Travel Pokémon. "It's definitely a Celebi."

Nurse Joy looked down at the unconscious girl. "You found it with this girl in the middle of Kiloude Forest?" she asked.

"That's correct."

The pink-haired nurse's eyes widened as she came to a startling conclusion. "D'you think this girl may have come from a different time period, then?"

"Possibly. The implications are definitely there. But we can't preoccupy ourselves with these assumptions. I need you to heal both this girl and this Celebi ASAP. We'll find out more afterward."