Chapter Eight: The Shop

Start from the beginning

"Owww" he brumbled

"Pfft!" i laughed

"Watch your step next time." Benny scolded

"Sorry but since you were M.I.A i got worried so i came to the only place i thought you two would be" Miles grumbled dusting off his pants

"Sorry Miles" I wiped my tears.

"Nah it's okay" he shrugged

"Anywho i'm just glad you're safe and my theory was wrong"

"Theory?" i asked sniffing

"Oh yeah! I thought you got kidnapped by some aliens!" Miles exclaimed

"What?!" I yelled

"Is this true i turned to Benny who nodded a yes "yea he was pretty stressed about it, he even started ramiling to Lauren and Sora about the possibilities"

"Oh my gosh Miles!" I scolded him to which he defended himself, causing me to laugh even more. For a moment we all laughed, tears filling not only mine but also their eyes.

"Gran would've agreed" I found myself saying, it was quiet for a minute.

"Yeah, yeah she would've" Miles wiped a tear as Benny sniffled.

Benny's phone began to ring, he looked at us before answering.

"Answer it." Miles made a face that basically said 'DUH'

Benny glared at him as he answered the call "Hello?"

"Oh yeah we're on our way, sorry for the worry" Benny hanged up

"Who was that?" Miles asked Benny

"My parents I'm guessing?" I assumed

Benny nodded "Yep."

I sighed.

"We have to get back now they said" Benny said

Miles and him shared a look at each other then looked back at me waiting for a reply

"FINE." I said which seemed to give the boys a breath of relief, as they started walking towards the stairs, I looked toward the wide opened barn window.

"Wait!" they both turned to me, as I desperately pointed at the widow.

"I wanna see the stars."

They looked stumped.

"Ari, you can see it as we ride through the field," said Miles.

"I know but it won't be the same." I protested

"Ari c'mon it's really late we really shouldn't be out this late" said Miles which surprised me a bit because he usually wasn't the responsible one in the group.

"Miles please" I exclaimed

"Ari, no c'mon." Miles started to get impatient

"But Miles-"

"Fine." Benny interrupted.

Miles and I turned to him.

"What? Benny-"

"Fine, let's just look at the stars, for five minutes and leave" Benny defended walking over to where the window was.

"Ugh OK" Miles gave up, he and I walked over to the opened window where Benny was.

"Five minutes and that's it, I'm creeped out already." said Miles walking behind me like a scared puppy.

After what felt more than five minutes I glanced to the sides of me, feeling very appreciative as I said.