26- Tour of the Tower

Start from the beginning

"Sister," Elric smiles and reaches forward to grab my hand. "I'm proud that you are incredibly knowledgeable in your field. I won't let anything interfere with that. I shall do all that I can to protect you."

He guides my hand to his arm and looks at Sebastian who nods and starts walking to the exit. I follow them, holding the key in my hand before I leave. I see the guard, exchange the key and tell the boys where to go. 

I take them to the main hall where everyone will be mingling. I know that there are a few Masters who want to meet my brother, specifically the new Master of Battle Magic.

The main hall is pretty loud, all of the eager students are reuniting with old friends, speaking with professors and people of other departments. Before entering, I spot Milo and Prince Adrian feverishly speaking with each other. I try to walk around them, but I make eye contact with Milo. He waves me over and I excuse myself and join them. 

"Giselle," Milo grabs my hand. "The other Prince has sent word that he will be arriving later today to speak with us three. Please make sure you are here until that meeting is over with." 

"Prince Ivan is arriving?" I feel my heart beat increase at the news. Milo squeezes my hand. 

"Both of you do not worry," He smiles. "He cannot force us to do anything. Don't forget that. Now, I must go. Please, eat the food and enjoy yourselves for the time being." 

Milo excuses himself and I'm staring at the floor in growing fear. I did not think I would be seeing him this soon. I do not know what to do. I feel a hand on my back and I see Prince Adrian asking if I am alright. I just stare at him, currently at a loss of words. 

"Sister," I turn and see Elric and Sebastian standing behind me. "Are you alright?" Elric grabs my hand and pulls me to him. He grabs my cheeks and makes sure that I am fine. I quickly shake him off, no longer happy with the day and now bothered. 

"Yes, sorry." I sigh. "My fiancee is coming to speak about my new employee." We all turn to the new Prince, his presence known between the Solons. He gives us a stiff smile. 

"I'm sure it will be a pleasant conversation." He huffs out the positive statement. I make eye contact with Elric who keeps a neutral face but Sebastian shakes his head. This Prince is delusional, he has to be insane. 

"Sister," Elric calls for me and I look at him. "I shall be leaving now. Thank you for the day, but I am merely just a call away. I've spoken with one of the Masters and he sold me this." Elric reveals two palm- sized opals. 

"What is that?" I ask, curious about the rock. 

"Apparently if broken, the one who has the other pair will appear by your side. If you ever feel threatened, throw it to the ground, stomp on it or anything that will break this opal and I will be by your side. Please hold on to it." Elric puts the rock in my palm. 

I look down at it and I give him a smile and a sure nod. "Thank you. Please get home safely and I will hold this with me." Elric pats my head and Sebastian gives me a smile before they walk away. 

I turn around and I'm surprised to see Prince Adrian still standing behind me. I would've figured for him to walk away. "Master," he bravely steps forward. "May I be too bold to ask you for a dance?" 

I look around the room and I am finally seeing that a dance floor has been created and the band is playing music. I look at the young children who are either dancing with their friends or bravely dancing with the opposite sex. I look to the Prince and shake my head. It's baffling how he thinks I am in the mood to dance after hearing Ivan will be coming soon. 

"I am their Master, I cannot be seen dancing like a child. People won't respect me if I were to dance in that crowd. Besides, you have just heard that my fiancé is coming. I'm not stupid enough to dance with a man who isn't my betrothed when he can arrive any minute. Now, good day, I have other business to attend to." I don't bother waiting to hear for his response.