Chapter-2: One hell of a Birthday!

Start from the beginning

"That she did give birth to you. You have every right to stay angry at her, but this hate that you are nurturing in you. It's only burning you from the inside. You have to either forgive her or find a way to live with the fact that she gave birth to you. Because you were born to her."

"HOW DARE YOU?!" Maya loses her cool and grabs Aditya's collar. Immediately Nishant steps forward to separate them.

"How dare I? Why is it so hard for you to simply move ahead of your past? She may not be your biological mother but she went through the process of giving birth to you. You have to face her."

"Of course, you have some advice to give. Everyone does, but do you know the pain that I have to go through? YOU KNOW NOTHING!"

"Whether to come to India or not is your decision. I am not forcing you. But I am going to India."

"YOU are going NOWHERE."

"And how do you plan on STOPPING me?"

"I WILL."

"STOP IT!" All of them turn to Abhir who is standing stoically by the side.

"Dad, tell him how stupid his idea is."

"Maya, enough. I think we talked about this enough for today. Don't ruin your birthday anymore. Aditya, go to your room and think about what you did today?" Abhir tries, with a calm tone.

"What did I do? What have I done?"

"No more talking about this. I don't remember giving either of you the right to point fingers at each other or make decisions without consulting the eldest of this house, which is me. And Maya, you are in no place to discipline him, it's my job to do so. Now go to your rooms. Let's end the day here."

Reluctantly, both Maya and Aditya retreat to their rooms. Akshay follows Maya. Nishant stays with Abhir.

"Kids these days. I never thought I would be saying this about Maya and Aditya one day."

"I don't understand how this idea got into his head. He used to be such an obedient kid. I wonder what he was thinking."

"What else. You and I both know that he has always been the fixer. He wants relationships and a family. It's not a surprise he thinks he can fix your family problems. He is so much like Mishti in that aspect. Also, he's very serious about his paintings. I don't think he would pass such a suggestion just because he wants to fix this family. He is clever enough to find his resources and for things that he cares about he is willing to sacrifice."

"But we can't just send him there. I am already anxious enough that my eldest son is still living in that house and now I have to send the youngest too, knowing that he will go to that house. That's not happening, Nishant. I already lost a lot in an attempt to fix that family. I can't lose anything anymore."

"Hmmm. I get it. But can we really stop our kids? You have geniuses for kids, can you really control them from doing what they want to?"

"I know, but I have to try. Maya is too invested to see things clearly, but what she said is true. No one has ever had a peaceful life in that house. Aditya won't be a ble to change anything and if I still let him go knowing that family, I would be sending my own son into the dark tunnel I have barely escaped myself."

"You're right, too. Meenakshi Rajvansh is not someone you would want to know in your life. I have experienced her manipulative ways first-hand, I wish I had never met her."

"I know. I can only hope that she would do better for herself and not involve herself in our lives anymore. I can't afford to deal with her."

"I guess we should take some time to think this through." Though Nishant doesn't support Aditya's idea of going to India, he can understand his perspective.

"What's there to think about? There is no way I will let Aditya's pull himself into this drama. I had enough of it already. Why would I let my child suffer?"

"I am not saying you should let him go. I am saying we should think of how to convince to not go to India."

The sound of a glass breaking is heard and both Nishant and Abhir run upstairs with panic. As soo as they reach upstairs they are met with the sight of a broken vase on the floor and a very angry Maya having a face down with Aditya who's stubbornly standing his ground against Akshay's grip while he's trying to pull Aditya's away.

"What the hell is happening here?" Abhir bellows. Maya doesn't take her eyes of Aditya as she speaks.

"He just said that I am a broken shell."

"What?! Aditya. Is that what you said to your sister."

"Dad, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant to say that she's is always pushing herself beyond limit just so she could erase the fact that she was born to Kuhu chachi even though everyone believes she's mom's daughter."

"Do you think it's a valid reason for you to call your sister like that?" At this Aditya bends down his head with obvious guilt.

"No. I am sorry, didi."

"Just look at how one discussion about that family brought chaos into this house." Maya says, not taking her eyes of her brother.

"But-" Aditya attempts.

"Maya's not wrong. Let the past be in past. We shouldn't let ourselves be dragged back by it. Everyone go back to your rooms and this is not to be brought up again. This will be the end of the discussion" Abhir doesn't leave this time until he watches them go inside their rooms and then sends Nishant and Akshay off to their home. The whole night Abhir is plagued by the memories of that house, that family and his wife.

"Mishti, if only you were here."

***

"Dad! DAD!" Abhir wakes up to his daughter's voice. Oblivious to her tone of panic, Abhir smiles at his daughter, ruffling her hair lovingly. As he notices the tightness in her voice, he gets up immediately.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" The same panic resonating in his voice.

"I am fine dad. But Aditya-"

"What about him?"

"He's missing. He's not home. His clothes are missing too."

"What?" Abhir mind can't comprehend what's happening. He's totally awake now.

"I think he ran away from home."

***

"""Sorry, guys. couldn't upload the chapter as my grandma passed away. I lost inspiration to continue. so had to cut it short. I wanted to make this chapter more interesting with a twist but couldn't really put my mind to it. hope you still like it. ^-^"""