Big Night

{The song above will be in this story so if you don't know it I recommend you check it out. If you want to of course.}

"It has been an impressive night everyone, it is now time for our final match of the night." The words fell from Corey Graves's mouth and boomed through the arena while he continued to speak. "A special guest has come to join us to cheer on her so-called 'partner in crime.' This woman is a current Grammy nomination for best album of the year. Y/n Y/l/n is here to support Rhea bloody Ripley." I let out a laugh and a smile grew across my face at the mention of my girlfriends' nickname.

I sat to the side of the announcer's table as cheers erupted into the large dome. Standing and turning, I waved to the crowded space. Suddenly 'Demons in My Dreams' Rhea's theme song started playing and more cheers and screams erupted. The audience continued to cheer and holler as she walked out and down the ramp.

When she went to the ring I walked up to wish her luck. Rhea bent down through the ropes giving me a quick kiss. Then the music of her opponent started booming. Randa Rousey stepped out from behind the wall, making her way to the ring.

"Now the WWE universe has been waiting to see these two women go face to face in a singles match for years at this point. Both women are incredibly strong and scary." I heard to my left. I had to chuckle at the thought of Demi as scary. To me, she was anything but. Although I would not want to be the one in that ring because she was definitely determined and she did not go down easily.

The bell dinged signaling the start of the match. Each woman charged at the other. The crowd began chanting "Rhe-a, Rhe-a." I was on my feet chanting as well. Thankfully they didn't hook a mic up to me because I would have been blowing people's ears out.

---

After about ten minutes of a back-and-forth match, Rhea was starting to struggle. Both women were exhausted and could barely catch their breath. Ripley would try to pin Rousey but she would kick out before the count was up. Rousey had gotten a few attempted pins on her as well, but none of them finished the match. Everyone in the room was on the edge of their seat, myself included. I had a plan for tonight and Rhea getting a win right before would only make the night that much better.

Rhea crawled her way to Ronda, hooking her arms under her legs as she stood. Getting in position for her signature move, 'the riptide.' She got her up and slammed her back down to the ground. Pinning her before she could recover, the referee smacked the ground while counting, and the crowd followed along. 1... 2... 3... ding ding ding. "And here is your winner Rhea Ripley."

It all happened so quickly and all the sound was drowned out by the excitement of the audience. I watched as Rhea tossed Ronda to the side. Ronda rolled under the bottom rope and began to walk to the back. A ref stood in the middle of the ring holding Rhea's hand in the air. It's time.

I turned to Corey and asked for a microphone, waiting for Rhea's theme song to come to an end and my plan to kick into action. I stood and walked up to the ringside steps, hearing the clicks of my heels with every step. I felt her gaze on me the entire time. Stepping through the ropes I had yet to turn on the microphone so I could just speak to my girlfriend, "Congratulations my love." She thanked me and then pulled me in for a hug.

Once she let go, I grabbed her hand and told her, "Follow me." We made our way out of the ring, hand in hand. At the bottom of the ramp, I switched on the mic and began to speak as we made our way up the slope. "Hi everyone, my name is Y/n, as stated earlier," Demi was confused but still laughed at my awkwardness. "For those of you who don't know, I met Rhea a little over a year ago, at Wrestlemania. I performed live that night and was introduced to her backstage." The crowd applauded and whistled at my words.

Demi and I had made it to the top of the ramp, I was still holding her hand but we were facing each other now. I turned my head to look out to the full arena, "And if it is okay with you guys I would like to perform a special song to this beautiful lady." The cheers heightened and then fell as the music began to play. Due to the event ending soon, they told me it was best if I only performed part of the song I wanted to cover tonight.

My voice swam through the mic as I started to sing, "I don't say a word. But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know. There you go, saving me from out of the cold." I watched as her face lit up with recognition causing a smile to form on her black-tinted lips. It was a song that we both used to sing at the top of our lungs in the car.

"Fire on fire would normally kill us. But this much desire, together, we're winners. They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners. But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms."

A tear rolled down Demi's cheek at the words of Sam Smith's song Fire on Fire. I let go of her hand and reached up to wipe the single tear away, trying not to mess up her makeup. I continued to sing but reached into my pocket before bending down to one knee. Popping the box open, the ring sparkling under the lights. I could see her eyes widen and her jaw fall open slightly. Even the sounds of the universe could have been drowned out at that moment.

"Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me. And look in my eyes. You are perfection my only direction. It's fire on fire, oh. It's fire on fire." I sang while looking up into Demi's teary eyes.

My next words were spoken, "People in this room know you as 'The Eradicator' or 'The Nightmare' but to me, you are 'My world' and forever 'My love.' I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

With the question finally asked, Demi dropped to my level and cupped my face. She slowly nodded her head and let out a weak "Yes of course." We both were sobbing like babies along with a few people in the crowd. The rest of the people in attendance cheered and applauded in congratulations.

We sat in the moment for a second, embracing each other, laughing and crying. Slowly we got up and I slid the ring onto her finger. She pulled me close and kissed my cheek. I waved goodbye to everyone and the roar of the crowd got louder. I handed the microphone back to a crew member when we turned to go backstage.

As we walked back to Demi's dressing room people came up and congratulated us. It took us a bit longer to get to the room but we were in pure bliss. Demi opened the door to her room and saw, "Congratulations!" written on a banner that Dominik was holding up. The three men in the room clearly weren't ready for us yet.

"Aww, we didn't have enough time," Finn whined. Demi and I just laughed as Priest slapped him on the shoulder. "Oh yeah, congratulations guys." He said in his Irish accent. Both Dominik and Priest congratulated us as well. There were some hugs that went around and talked about how the boys knew my plan for tonight.

---

It was midnight by the time we got home, and both of us were ready to crash in bed but before we did Demi had a different idea. Shockingly, it wasn't a sexy time. She set down her bag and grabbed her phone as I spilled out of my heels. I heard our song start to play behind me. I turned to see Demi with her hand out toward me. "May I have this dance with my soon-to-be wife?" I smiled and grabbed a hold of her hand.

"Always, even after I become your wife. Actually scratch that, especially after I become your wife." She laughed at my comments.

"You will forever be my one and only dance partner princess."

----------

I honestly expected it to take longer to write this chapter but it ended up just kind of flowing out of me. I have been working on some other unpublished but I was thinking about writing a part two to this story, potentially being their wedding. Although the thought of that is a bit scary, weddings are so massive and detailed so I don't know yet. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Love you xx

-Author