13. Signs of Hope

Start from the beginning

" Deku why.. why didn't you tell me about this earlier? We could have been working on that part too."

Izuku shakes his head wiping his eyes as he sniffles trying desperately to calm angry sobs.

" Because, because I.. I didn't think it was important."

Katsuki narrows his eyes standing up quickly as he begins to pace.

" Not importan!? Deku .. not important!!?? How the fuck can you say that?! It's your God damn quirk! If it's weakened then we need to be working on it! We should have been working on it the whole time!"

Green eyes narrow even though they are filled with heavy tears.

" Why?! What's the difference?! What's the point even?! Why does it even matter if my quirk is weak or strong if I can't even use it properly because I'm stuck in this chair?! You should just let me give it to you! Let me pass it on to you so that it can be put to use like it's supposed to be!", he yells with tears spilling.

Katsuki drops down in front of him immediately with a deep scowl and a growl in his tone as he grips the greenett by the tshirt and pulls him to his face.

" I am not taking your quirk, not a chance in hell because that quirk is yours and the man we both loved and admired gave it to you because he knew you were worthy of it. I watched you struggle but never give up making it your own and you did make it your own. That quirk is exactly where it fucking should be and you are going to work your ass off again to make sure it's just as strong or even fucking stronger than it was before and you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself for a god damn minute and listen to me. Think about it Deku, think about it really hard. Your quirk might just be the answer or part of the answer we're looking for, if you can power your quirk into your legs it might help you walk again you stubborn bastard.", he breathes out heavy, panting with his own emotions and tears of a million emotions threatening to fall.

Izuku goes wide eyed at the words even as a tear slips down his face.

" B-but how? And .. like I said it's weaker now.".

Katsuki sighs heavy with a grunt as he sits down on the floor.

" I'm not sure how yet and I'm not even fully positive it will work it's just a theory right now a fucking possibility. But I mean it can't fucking hurt to try right? And just like the way we got your body back in shape we can do the same thing with your quirk, by using it, adding it into the workouts you've already been doing.", he says trying to calm his tone.

Katsuki can see the wheels begin to turn in the greenett's mind as he thinks about the information he was just given.

Hopeful green eyes finally look at the blonde hero.

" Do.. do you really think it might help?"

Katsuki forces a smile pushing down the fear that it won't help.

" I think anything is possible Deku, especially since we haven't tried it yet and even if it doesn't help with the walking we still need to strengthen it."

Izuku nods shifting his sights across the room.

" Yes, you're probably right."

Katsuki scoffs with a smirk as he stands up.

" Of course I'm right shitty nerd."

Izuku smiles at the blonde's long time nickname for him then he bites at his bottom lip.

" Kacchan, I'm.. I'm sorry for not telling you and... and for what I said a few minutes ago. I didn't mean to get so upset."

Katsuki looks down at him as he slides his hands into his track pants.