Issue #15: Loss......and Rage!

Start from the beginning

Espio: Amy and Gemerl are watching the escape shuttle. Gemerl is scanning everyone to make sure they aren't infected. Tails and Cream are air lifting anyone they can find. Last I heard, Silver is managing Ice Paradise on his own. That leaves me, Tangle, and Whisper to contain the Zombots here.

Sonic: Yikes! Where's Vector?

Espio looks down sad with the news he's about to tell Sonic.

Espio: We found Charmy, we thought we had him contained. I knew better. I never should love letting Vector bring Chay back to Restoration HQ. It's my fault........

Sonic: No man, you can't.....

Espio turns to Sonic in anger.

Espio: JUST LIKE I SHOULDN'T HAVE LET YOU CONVINCE ME TO LEAVE EGGMAN AT WINDMILL VILLAGE.

Sonic: That was Mr. Tinker. We had no idea Starline was going to turn him back to Eggman.

Espio: And if we had dealt with him then. We wouldn't have had to worry.

Sonic: So—what? We have to assume the worst in everyone and everything? Show no mercy to anything? No second chances?

Sonic and Espio look at each other while sweat drop from their faces.

Espio: There are people to save.

Espio vanishes in a smoke cloud.

Sonic: Right. See you at the shuttle.

Sonic zooms by and stops zombots from getting outside by pushing a door but is proving difficult until it is slammed shut by a pink buzzsaw.

Sonic looks over to Whisper who gives him a thumbs up and Sonic thumbs up back.

Sonic arrives to the escape shuttle seeing Amy letting people enter the evacuation shuttle and Lanolin putting on new clothing.

Sonic: Hey Amy!

Amy: Sonic! Fashionably late, as usual.

Sonic: You know how I love to make an entance. What do you need me to do?

Amy: Espio, Whisper, and Tangle are keeping the zombots distracted while Tails and Cream look for more survivors. We've made a choke point so that I and Gemerl can handle the zombots that do find us. We're nearly done. But once we pull back for retreat. The zombots are going to swarm us.

Sonic: So, cover the escape. Gotcha. I'll find Tangle and see if shes got any ideas. It's her town after all.

Tails and Cream land Infront of Sonic and Amy.

Tails: Sonic! Hold up! Yo Tails! Hey Cream!

Cream walk beside him with a neutral face.

Cream: H'lo Mr. Sonic.

Amy walks up behind Sonic.

Amy: 'Her mother held back the zombots so we could escape. Cream saw everything.'

Tails: Please tell me you have the data recorder stashed somewhere.

Sonic: Me and Gotuce ran into Eggman and..... I'm sorry, bro. I botched everything.

Everyone look down disappointed.

Tails: I-Its fine. Without my lab or the headquarters. I wouldn't have been able to synthesize a cure a-anyway......

Amy: Alright, let's focus on the now, Tails?

Tails dries up his tears.

Tails: Right. We could find anyone else. Everyone turned into zombots.