-Prologue-

Bronya once again found herself in a capsule, needles in her arms and a suit tight around her.

She was going back.

Back to the quantum dimension.

She tried to stop the inevitable flashbacks that made her remember her last fail. That had cost her a leg— and her heart.

The only thing that could restore it was seeing Seele again.

Now that matushka was gone, she could make he own decisions. And no way would she deny the chance to see the love of her life again, to go back to her dark blue eyes and sink into her arms.

Seele's smiling face filled her mind, as if assuring her that she would make it.

Would she?

"Project X-10-2 ready to initiate. Agent Bronya, are you ready?" The scientist performing the delicate task asked her, hand hovering above the switch. The most talented scientists and Honkai experts had been assembled to the original X-10 lab, for this project. There was no way they could fail now.

"Da."

The scientist flipped the switch, and Bronya braced for maximum pain as Honkai energy slowly flowed through the tubes to her body. She felt herself heating, embracing the sensation that she had only felt once before. A normal person might've felt scared, but Bronya's emotionless mind remained in its constant state of numbness.

And the last thing Bronya saw was her own body fading away.