⚜ Chapter 17⚜

Y/n was taking care of Castian day and night for 2 days straight. Going as far as to sleep next to him. Much to the man pleasure and Edmund's horror.
Castian was extatic, he even took the opportunity to snuggle with her.
To be fair, he has long been healed which in itself was surprising. But he acted like he was still injured so he could be pampered by his little wife in peace.
He could feel the judgemental stare of one maid in particular. Lifting his head from Y/n's neck, he looked at the black woman before throwing her a mocking smile. She could judge all she wanted, he would never stop.

Shame? What shame? Yasmina couldn't believe it. She never saw someone as shameless as him. And the man next to her? Somehow she hated him even more, since the first day they met. Maybe because Ulyss always had that rogue like smile when he see her. Or because of how they met?

~~~~~~

The  first time they met, Yasmina was with Annie. She was busy scolding the poor girl for a mistake she did a while ago. She may have been a bit harsh on her, the young girl had tears in his eyes. It was just when Ulyss came. Seeing the situation, the man laughed loudly. He was so tall and intimidating that Annie shrugged behind the older maid. Ulyss was a 7 feet tall man with a very imposing physic. Paired with his scar on he left eyes, his unkempt medium long hair loosely tied and his barely hidden tattoo on his chest, he was too much for a small empirical girl like Annie .
The man was smirking at them before leaning towards them. Yasmina only glared at him. Somehow he seemed to like that.  It amused him to see her like this, so aggravated by his mere presence.

"_ I'm sure she didn't mean it. How about you let it slide?
_That's none of your business.
_Well, if your still angry. How about do some wrestling?
_What?
_But I'm okay with being step on too. People said I'm a good... Boy."

Ulyss grinned at her, while she could only gawk at him. The younger maid behind her was beat red. Such a promiscuous words shouldn't be said in middle of an hallway. Yasmina glared at him too embarrassed to even talk. She was used to make servant trying to flirt with her subtly. But THIS!! This man, was on a whole other level. He was too roguish, too direct that it made her feel unknown feeling. She stomped away after slapping him. Ulyss surprised at first licked his lips before smiling.

~~~~~~

Yasmina was in love with George, her little mistress's father and her benefactor. It was a one-sided love but her heart was taken by the kind man. It was the reason why she left with    Y/n, it was too painful for her to see the man she loved embracing someone else everyday.
Seeing her melancholy, the man grabbed her waist leaning on her ear. The dark skinned woman tensed before pinching his hand.

"_Why the sad look? Your mistress's husband is alive, you should be happy.
_That's none of your... Wait what?"

Yasmina looked at Ulyss shocked by what he said. She couldn't believe it. What did he say? She was pretty sure she married the old man. She even saw the whole horrifying wedding. Y/n seemed to have forgotten it but those who saw it couldn't forget. Her father even almost fainted.
The older maid felt a bit betrayed, why didn't her little mistress said it to her? She saw that child grow, no way she would hide such a thing. Right? A small part of her did believe it. They were too close, to intimate. But if he is  the real husband, why does Edmund act like he is?

"_If she didn't tell you maybe she doesn't trust you that much."

Ulyss chuckled while Yasmina glared at him again. Teasing her was fun for him.

"_Just joking, she doesn't know."

The beautiful woman looked offended. She couldn't understand what's was wrong with him. She decided not to believe him, but still wondered if Y/n knew about her change of husband. It wasn't a bad thing in Yasmina's mind. Her little mistress clearly had Castian warped around her finger. He was like a fool around her. And the best, she now have the highest status after the royal family. Somehow, Yasmina started to imagine Y/n's life as Castian's wife. He was a war hero, one of the strongest man in the empire.

"_You shouldn't lie about that. She... Why would he not tell her?
_It's too soon. And he changed her husband a bit on an impulse."

Ulyss looked serious. He too didn't understand his lord. The man, he knew as cold-hearted, the very same man who didn't bat an eye to the most beautiful woman in the brothels.
And what a surprise, when he learned his hardened bachelor superior of his, slept with a woman for the first time in his life. His father's wife at that! When he learned he used his reward to take her husband place on the paper, Ulyss was now certain that he either a fool or Y/n was a strong seductress. The idiot even took a deadly wound for her. After all her grandmother was said to have destroy the past duchess's entire life. Even after said baroness's death she made Castian's mother miserable. You just have to check the lake for that.
Surprisingly, it wasn't the biggest seductress but a little girl who barely reached adulthood. Two inexperienced kiddo compared to him compared to him. Ulyss was proud of himself for (forcefully) teaching him the theory and the importance of woman's orgasms.

Ulyss snorted when Castian groaned pitifully like he was still gravely wounded. Gaining numerous stare in the room. His lord was shameless, but he was worse. Grinning he teased Castian before Yasmina scolded him.
Y/n laughed wishing for this moment to stay this way.

~~~~~~

Annie looked shaken at the delirious Duke. She didn't know how to react to that. It was horrific. The old man barely dress was kneeling in front of an old painting. He was whispering something to it, his finger tenderly grazing the painting. Edmund looked both scary and incredibly pitiful. The room was full of painting and sculpture. At first she taught it was Y/n and Castian on those painting, before noticing the very old family painting. The elegant and beautiful h/c haired woman sitting with her adorable green eyed daughter. Next to her, was a young boy. The only flaw was the tears where a man was supposed stand. Annie knew who this was. Her mistress's grandmother, Beatrice Monet. Those were painting and sculpture of Edmund and Beatrice.

The young maid tried to sneak away and stumbled down. Edmund turned suddenly toward the sound, his eyes meeting with hers.
Annie shrieked as the man lunged at her.