⚜Chapter 4⚜

Edmund woke in the duchess chamber. Unable to remember how he got here, he concluded that he may have been too drunk. Seeing the red stain on the bed, he smiled proudly. He may not remember it because of the alcohol but just knowing he got his hand on her before his bastard of a son made him really happy. Shamelessly, he started to smell her sheet. But something was strange, it has her smell but he could scent someone else. A strong smell but unknown to him. Pushing it in the back of his mind, the old man laughed. 

Y/n who came in, looked at him disgusted by him. Her whole body hurt so much. And seeing that old man smelling and rubbing his face on her unchanged sheet made her gag. If he knew that the one she rolled with her in the bed was not him but his son, would he still rub his face it? 

_Could you please not do that on my sheet? Even more dirty sheets?

_Those sheets are the proof of our night! There is nothing to be ashamed about. 

_Please, leave. I wish to take a bath before resting a bit ALONE.

The old man laughed at her word before dressing up and leaving the room. Y/n looked at him before cursing herself for letting such a situation happen. Yesterday night was... Incredible. And the feeling of fooling her husband, that feeling of sin she had got her somehow excited... and hurt. Really hurt. Her body was painful. When Castian took Edmund in her chamber at dawn before moving her to the sofa, she felt just how painful and sore her body was. She and Castian had a night of pure passion. She was completely devoured by him. How many rounds did they do? She couldn't remember but she sure remembered how he felt inside her. 

After drawing her bath, Annie came to take her there. Sitting in the bathtub, the h/c haired girl hissed at how painful her body was. Didn't he know how to be gentle? No, he was gentle at first. To the point that she could mistake it like they were lovers. In the end, he became rough in the heat of the moment. And because she kept asking for more. Remembering it all, she blushed put her head underwater. She said obscene words at him that night. A lot of it and most were words she never taught she could or knew. 

_Fuck you Castian...

She was trying to drown her own shame and didn't notice movement behind her, nor that her maids were escorted out by someone. 

_Not that I mind, but I prefer to be on top. 

The young woman jumped at the voice whispering in her ear. She looked up and saw Castian who were leaning against her bathtub. She warped her hand around her chest while looking at him. The man laughed teasingly. His eyes were travelling down her body. Her flawless skin was now littered with marks. HIS marks and proof of the passion's they shared yesterday night. He licked his lips before meeting her eyes. He was only half-listening to her complain and demand that he doesn't come in like it's his room.

_You didn't seem to mind it yesterday.

_That! ... Have nothing to do with today. 

_I think it does in a lot of ways but that's not why I'm here. How did my old man react? 

Sighing at his word, Y/n leaned back in her bathtub. Now a little more relaxed, she let the handsome man trail his hand on her shoulder. His rugged hand felt just right on her skin. Or was it the remembrance of their night? She didn't know for sure, there was something in it that sent a delicious shiver through her spine. The young girl could picture his smile from the humming sound he did. He knew what he was doing, isn't he? 

_He was so happy that he rubbed his face on the blood and the stain on the sheet. UGH! Just remembering it makes me want to puke!

_His happiness isn't going to stay long. At some point, he will notice something wrong. 

Castian laughed before kissing her shoulder. She did notice it, but he seemed a bit touchy with her. Aside from how they flirted with each other right after her marriage, she didn't know much about him. The one that was admired and feared in high society, who were called "the god of wars" and was "apparently" the untold naughty dream of many young ladies. A fearless and cold warrior who would not hesitate to kill any enemy even a woman. "Just one look in his cold eyes is enough to freeze your body and mind."That was what madam Alley once described him. Well, she wasn't sure about the cold eyes but he was indeed handsome. His eyes seemed to always burn with a strong passion. Instead of a cold and impassible manner, he had a very flirty and seductive character. She felt like she couldn't do anything in front of him.  

_You sure you don't want another round? 

_Leave my body alone! I need to rest!!

_Hmm I can't help it, you're so beautiful that I want to devour you. 

_I said no!

_Maybe another time then...

Castian dropped his head on her shoulder before kissing her shoulder blade. While Y/n thought that he was trying to seduce her to use her more easily, the man did think that she was quite pretty. His heart did beat strangely fast around her even more after their passionate night. He could hear her small laugh which put a smile on his lips. 

_Should I join you in your bath? 

_I said NO. 

_And I meant to cuddle. 

He had a teasing smile on his face. Y/n was madly blushing. She couldn't believe how she immediately assumed that. It was like she couldn't think straight around him. She frowned when she saw his smile. Throwing some water at him, she mumbled at him. 

_God! You were teasing me!!!

_I said we wouldn't do it today, not that I wasn't going to tease you for it. 

Leaning near her ear, he talked in a low and sultry voice. She could feel his breath on her shell. 

_By the way, I'm quite happy to know that you think of me in such a way...

The young girl blushed at his word. 'God! I didn't know he was such an insufferable man!' He was indeed an insufferable man, her man. Not that she needed to know for now...

Edmund hummed content to himself as he was changing. The butler was impassibly telling him about his schedule but he wasn't listening at all. Not that the butler minded, the old duke wasn't a great leader to begin with, unlike his son. Unfortunately,  they both seemed to suffer from the same curse. Most of the staff has way long been on the young heir's side and swore their loyalty to him a long time ago now.

_When are we going to greet the royal family? 

_Pardon? I'm sorry my lord but the madame have already left with the young master to the palace.

_What? But the newlywed couple is supposed to go together. 

_Madame thought it would be better to go with the young master since you are quite... preserved. 

His mood somehow improved at the middle-aged butler words. 

_She should also think about her body, we had quite a night I think.

He talked proudly, as the other man congratulated him. That was until he heard the hushed voice of a maid talking among them. "Wasn't he fast asleep way before he could reach his chamber?", "I saw it too, he was sleeping in his bed yesterday". The old man held his breath at the whisper. If he wasn't there yesterday, then who did she make love with? He knew the answer deep down but just didn't want to face it.