all too well

His hand wrapped around her arm, jerking her back, hard. "Don't you dare turn your back on me!" he shouted as they both stood, breathing angrily until JJ's grip on Beatrix's chin tightened as he harshly grasped her face.. The two were in the midst of yet another drunken argument, a heated exchange taking place in the chaotic atmosphere of a kegger. It was becoming increasingly clear that their relationship was hanging by a thread.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" JJ pleaded, Beatrix's eyes filling with tears as she met his gaze.

"Ow, JJ, you're hurting me," she winced, but he didn't release his grip. The cold, menacing look in his eyes frightened her. "JJ, get your hands off of me! You're acting just like your dad right now!" The words slipped out of her mouth, and both of them froze. He released his grip in utter shock. "I'm sorry. I- I." She couldn't find the words to explain herself .

"Go away." He cut her off abruptly.

"I'm-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. Leave now." He spoke harshly, his voice devoid of emotion. She just nodded silently, leaving the tent.

As soon as she walked away, she was seized by Finn, another pogue who lived on the cut, who harshly dragged her backwards before she could comprehend what was happening. "Here she is! The back stabbing little slut." Her face twisted in confusion, glancing around at everyone whispering between themselves.

"What?" She stammered.

"Oh, you need me to explain?" Finn sneered. Beatrix was in shock, unable to speak, but she looked around at the accusing glares of people she had considered friends. "Huh, princess?"

"Yes?"

"Just to clarify for everybody who doesn't know, Beatrix here has been fucking around with Rafe." She scoffed, her eyes narrowing as she glared at JJ, waiting for him to speak up. To defend her. Instead, he remained emotionless from afar, watching as she was ridiculed.

"Are you serious? You all believe this shit?" Her eyes fell on John B who held the same look on his face as hers fell. The two boys she would've trusted with her life turning their backs on her when she needed them most .

"I say we end her." She watched a flash of terror wash over them both but they continued to stand and watch. Holding her gaze with JJ who was unreadable, she pleaded with her eyes as Finn started to drag her to the barriers kicking and screaming.

"It's not true JJ! Please I need you. Please!" she begged, her voice breaking as Finn wrapped his hands around her throat.

"Who thinks she deserves it?" Finn screamed as the crowd cheered, hurling derogatory slurs at Beatrix. He whispered in her ear, "whore."

Sarah desperately pleaded with John B. "She's your sister! You can stop this!" His eyes locked with Beatrix's, causing a sudden shift in his demeanour as he lunged toward Finn, his face contorted with anger.

"You do this and I will kill you."

"She's a slut. She deserves it," Finn retorted, pressing a knife against her neck as a tear ran down her cheek. The crowd looked around hesitantly as Finn took it too far.

"He's lying, John B. I promise. I swear to God he's lying," Beatrix cried, her voice filled with desperation. She had never seen her brother look so furious.

"Get that knife away from my sister's throat, or you're dead," John B growled. But Finn refused to budge, so Beatrix kicked her foot into his crotch, using the momentary distraction to free herself from his grip. John B grabbed her shirt and harshly hurled her to the ground behind him.

"Bitch," Finn yelled before John B silenced him. Sarah pulled Beatrix up from the ground, still in shock, and as she watched JJ walk away, she smiled gratefully at Sarah before running after him.

As Beatrix caught up to him, she roughly jerked his shoulder back, forcing him to look at her. "What the actual fuck was that?"

"What do you mean?" JJ replied indifferently.

"You stood there and watched that happen as if you had no care in the world. What the actual FUCK."

"You deserved it." He mumbled. As she glared at him, fuming, with tear filled eyes.

"You actually believe that crap?"

"Yes. It wouldn't exactly be out of character Beatrix."

"You really are an awful person."

"Speak for yourself."

"Done. We're done. I hate you."

"You make it completely clear that you already did."

"And I always will."

"You're not getting anything from me. No more favours, I won't ever do anything for you again!"