*

For the past few days, the mansion had not been very peaceful. Since the first wife was ill, it was difficult for gossipmongers from her area to scurry around. Moreover, many doctors had been invited over, so they temporarily didn’t have time to cause trouble for Ye Mu.

The next morning, Ye Mu and Ye Li sent Mo Linyuan off together.

Other than them, no one else knew where Mo Linyuan was going to be sent to. Ye Mu’s heart also felt quite miserable. She had been together with him for more than two months now and had grown a liking for his steadfast personality.

But now he was about to leave.

Despite being ill, Wen Ru was also had to go out with them. Today was the day that the Minister of Revenue would get married. Therefore, as the wife of the general, it was obligatory to pay the minister a visit together with Ye Li.

However, Wen Ru’s expression was a bit unsightly.

Ye Mu shot her a glance before looking at Mo Linyuan. He was wearing a white silk robe and stood there with such a bright expression on his face.

The general would leave through the backdoor in the palanquin—this was Mo Linyuan’s opportunity to escape. Ye Mu reminded him once more about this.

“After you leave, go straight towards the Mo Country; don’t take detours. And when you get back to your country, you must study hard and not slack off, especially with regards to the Supreme Heart Sutra.”

Ye Mu was currently wearing a peach-colored skirt, her hair tied into a double bun. Her height was short, and her flesh was white and tender; she looked just like a kid from a new year’s painting.

At this moment, she was observing the surroundings while sternly warning Mo Linyuan like a little old woman. Her nagging attitude made Mo Linyuan, who was originally a little depressed, suddenly life the corners of his mouth in a slight smile.

He held back—he didn’t want to do anything in front of all these people. Because truthfully, he really wanted to touch the buns on her head.

Towards the other side, the steward said that the general was about to leave.

This means that Mo Linyuan has to leave as well! Ye Mu panicked. She took advantage of the moment while no one was looking and stuffed a small pouch into Mo Linyuan’s hands.

“Take this. Don’t worry, in less than two years, I will definitely come and find you.”

Mo Linyuan could tell with a pinch that it was shaped akin to a jewelry. He really didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Does the girl want to give him her entire fortune? Why is this girl so stupid?

He naturally couldn’t receive it, so with a flip of his hand, he pushed the item back. Without waiting for Ye Mu to say anything, he suddenly turned around and walked towards where Ye Li was!

Ye Mu was stunned by his actions. She was immediately alarmed when she discovered that Mo Linyuan was walking towards Ye Li.

Wait, what are you trying to do?! She thought frantically.