So I've finally met the Villain

Start from the beginning

I gulped as I sipped my tea. "Whatever does the Princess want?"

"Out of every other nobility present, the House of Rosecent, it the one of the few, highest and purest nobility in the entire Empire," Isis tells me. "Out of every other graceful lady, I believe that Lady Mielle Rosecent would be the perfect fiancée of the Frederick family."

HUH?

Fiancée of that... thing? Oscar?! I was about to spit out my tea, but I held it back. I could have sworn, Emma, who was standing behind me was glaring at me. But I covered up my face with a hand and slightly giggled at Isis who stared curiously at my behavior.

"...You jest, Princess." I told her.

Isis said with a light chuckle, finding my words amusing. "Why ever should I, Lady Rosecent? Do you really take my words as a joke?"

"No...no... I think it is too big of an honor, Princess," I turned her down, shaking my hands earnestly.

"Is that so? Why not, Lady Rosecent?" Isis asked me. "Is there something that... Oscar is lacking?"

"Uh..." I looked away. "It's just..." I didn't know what to say. I DON'T WANT OSCAR. Honestly... Sure, he was my type and all, but GOD NO. I don't want someone who is infatuated with MY STEPSISTER. But I couldn't say that.

"I don't think... Sir Oscar actually has feelings for me. I think it's better for us to consult each other." I told her instead.

"You are marrying the Frederick family not just my dear brother. Don't take the words of that boy to your heart. If he did something rude, let me know so I'll discipline him accordingly," Isis told me. "Marrying out of love is purely something fictional for us, nobility. We have to think about the greater cause, Lady Rosecent."

Right... these were plutocrats who did marry off their children as if they were selling property. WAIT. Wasn't Mielle, only thirteen years old?! I gaped when I realized this, feeling violated by this fact. 

Wasn't this child marriage?!

"I believe I'm also too young to decide, I think my father is someone more mature to do this." I said, praying internally that my father would not sell off Mielle to the Frederick family at all. Uh, uh. No way.

"I see, I think that will be a more appropriate form of proposal." Isis agreed with me. "But... is your father truly the person you want the decision from?" She asked me. "Afterall, not everything a child desires, is what a parent desires?"

I see. I think I understood Isis's words. She is asking me whether my father really cared about me or not. About his remarriage with Carin– Aria's mother. If Count Rosecent had really cared about his daughter, Mielle, he would have asked about their feelings on this remarriage before doing so.

All of these shenanigans wouldn't have happened if the Count had reached out to his children about a new family moving into the house.

...What should I say? Should I agree with her? Should I disagree?

"I am not too sure about what Princess Isis means! It must be because I'm still not mature and a bit too ignorant of the outside world!" I told her with a stupid smile on my face.

There... acting stupid was the best thing to do. A child's innocence is a blessing in disguise. The original Mielle would have done this too. And I don't think Princess Isis would be fond of someone as stupid as me.

I remember that from the original novel at least. Although Isis had supported Mielle's actions, not all of them had gone off the hook. Isis really looked down on Mielle's stupidity. Even I had to say, I've never seen anybody as stupid as Mielle.