019

As they sat on the bench, a thick atmosphere seemed to envelop the two teens. One of them turned to the other and asked, "Are you okay?" He watched as she nodded in response to his questions, her fingers deftly twisting off the cap of the water bottle. She gazed down at the clear liquid, holding the bottle with a sense of contemplation.

"To tell you the truth," he waited for her response while holding his breath for a few seconds.

"I'm alright!" she exclaimed with a forced smile, trying to hide the pain she felt inside. He watched her closely as she exclaimed, but he could sense that something was off. Her eyes, which were normally bright and lively, seemed to be hiding something in the shadows. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he knew that she was lying. Despite her attempts to convince him otherwise, he remained skeptical.

As he replied with equal fervor, a sense of clarity washed over him. He knew exactly what his next move would be. He stood before her, his eyes fixed on hers. He knew that he held the key to her happiness in his hands. With a deep breath, he began to speak, slowly revealing the details of the case that had been weighing on his mind for weeks.

He will reveal the case and make Mimi smile authentically once more, as she did for him.

"Ji-ho?"

"What?"

"Does Ju-in sleep like this?" Mimi squatted next to the bed. She, Ji-ho, and Ju-in decided to hold a tournament at Ji-ho's residence.

"What do you mean?"

She lifted her hand and gestured with her fingers, beckoning him to come closer. She pointed her delicate finger towards him and whispered, "Look, he is the very definition of perfection."

"You, too, should look like this, grandpa." She said as she gave Ju-in the blanket and wrapped it around his body

Ji-ho's cheek twitched with irritation as he glared at the girl in front of him. "Who's calling you grandpa?" he demanded, before lunging forward and playfully tousling her hair. With a confident smirk, he declared, "And for your information, I'm the most handsome species in the world." His piercing eyes scanned the room, daring anyone to challenge his claim. The air was thick with tension as everyone held their breath, waiting for a response. Finally, a brave soul spoke up, "Oh really? And what makes you so sure of that?" The man simply chuckled and replied, "Just look at me. It's obvious, isn't it?" His arrogance was palpable, but there was no denying the undeniable charm that oozed from every pore of his being.

Mimi stared at him with a blank expression as she confidently declared, "No, no, it's definitely Eunhyeong."

A faint chuckle echoed from the other end of the line. It was a sound that made her heart skip a beat, for she knew that it could only mean one thing: Chunyoung was still there, and he was staying with Eunhyeong right now.

"Fck, I forgot about them."

"Language, Mimi."

Unbeknownst to the others, he had been listening the whole time, his ears turning a bright shade of red as he heard their every word. Despite his embarrassment, he couldn't help but smile to himself, relishing in the secret knowledge he now had.

He had always been aware of Ji-ho's growing affection towards her. As a good friend, he had tried his best to ignore his own feelings and not let them interfere with their relationship. However, as time went by, he found himself unable to resist the pull of his own heart. He was falling for her, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.