VIII

Hello my wonderful readers! I know it's been a long time since my updates, I just haven't been doing well mentally recently :/ I always make a promise in each of my books: if I start a story, I'm going to finish it.

So please don't think that I'll ever leave this book unfinished. It may take some extra time, but I promise a finished ending :)

I am immensely grateful for those of you who take the time to read it and support me. I love you all!

My hands, your hands
Tied up like two ships
Drifting, weightless
Waves try to break it
I'd do anything to save it
Why is it so hard to save it?
-One Direction-

(my personal fave hehehe)

-Y/N-

It was morning time and the sun filtered through the windows, casting a golden glow in the room.

We had abandoned Wylan's Warehouse and moved into one of the buildings in the main part of town. It was private enough that we could talk without worrying about random people listening in but also had all the requirements for us to live comfortably, including a kitchen and multiple rooms.

I was standing at one of the counters on the bottom floor with all of the crew except Kaz who had (of course) mysteriously disappeared in the morning.

"What's the Palace like?" I asked Zoya.

"Large. Grand. Loyal." Zoya said.

"Presumptuous." Nina added. I ignored her.

"What would it be like... training there as a Grisha?" I questioned.

I had told everyone I was a heartrender but made them promise that they wouldn't tell anyone else. I had especially told Zoya not to mention it, because I knew the policy of the Crown.

Every Grisha was forced to train for the royal army.

"I think if we win this war, and Nikolai becomes in charge, it won't be as bad as Nina might've told you." Zoya said.

"Nikolai would be in charge?" I said, my eyes widening.

"Yes." Zoya smiled as if she expected that reaction out of me.

"But, he's second in line...?" I said.

"You've done your research on him." Kaz walked into the room and I almost never noticed.

"I thought I should at least know the basics of the royal family." I defended.

"Yes, Nikolai is second in line. But his brother is too busy getting drunk, hosting parties, and hiding to bother acting like a king. Nikolai is almost certain to take the throne." Zoya said.

"The Neshyenyer at Ahmrat Jen is definitely a fake." Kaz said, completely changing the topic of discussion.

"Which we told you." Zoya scoffed. "Perhaps now you tell us something we didn't know?"

"According to my contacts, it's been stolen by a thief known as The Disciple." Kaz started handing out little pieces of paper to everyone. "He had a penchant for stealing Saint-related relics while on jobs."

"So he's a thief and a collector?" Wylan said.

"And retired." Kaz added. "But he has since put a few pieces of his collection on the black market. So, to get to him, we go to his fence. Ohval Saran." Kaz informed us. "She has a tea shop in Bhez Ju. To speak with her, we have to order yellow chrysanthemum tea, off-menu." Kaz looked over at me.