I frown. Her attitude these last few weeks was unbelievable.

“At least I'm here now” I defend. “What if I didn't realize my mistakes and want to be part of my kid's life? Then?”.

“Then I would be the happiest mother on earth, Noah. I won't lie”.

I chuckle angrily.

“We're having a family dinner, Alexis. That's what we're doing tomorrow night”.

She smiles. Like she knew something I didn't.

“That's not going to be possible because the royal family is throwing my son a birthday party”.

I frown.

“What? Why?”.

“They just admire the fine young man my son is turning out to be as he is being raised by his mother who's also his father”.

I arch a brow.

“All in one?”.

“All he needs” she retorts.

She wasn't going to let this slide.

“Well I don't think so, Alexis. They can't just decide for our son”.

She folds her arms and gives me a look.

“And you didn't decide for him by putting the whole 'the three of us' crap in his head?” she asks.

“He asked for my thoughts and I gave a suggestion”.

“Not your worst but hey, we can't all be winners”.

I chuckle, shake my head and look at her.

“You really hate me, don't you?”.

“For putting me in the situation to watch my son suffer? Yes, Noah. I hate you. And for Malia springing this up on me in front of the entire royal family and causing me to air out our dirty laundry, yes Noah, I despise you”.

I sigh.

“Alexis, I've apologized a thou...”.

She closes her eyes and lifts a hand.

“I need to work, Noah. I want to finish this up and get out of here with my son so please... don't let the door hit you on your way out” she says.

I flex my jaw and nod.

“I'm going to have a talk with King Colton”.

✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ 

☆ Alexis' POV

“I know what I want to do for my birthday,” Milton says and stops jumping on my bed as I walk out of the bathroom.

“What is it, sweetie?” I ask, checking my teeth in the vanity mirror.

I forgot to floss.

I sigh.

“I want a party,” he says.

“That's already been established, Mill. The royal family is throwing you the best party tomorrow so you've got nothing to worry about. And I can stand the idea of not getting stressed with planning a birthday party just for this year”.

I walk back into the bathroom and Milton follows me.

“Two parties,” he says.

I chuckle between my flossing.

“You're turning seven, sweetie. Not sixty”.

He sighs.

“Mom, it's really important that I have two parties”.