19

Karina's POV

"I can't understand her." I said and rested my head at Ning's shoulder.Ning patted my head before resting hers above mine.

It's been two days since that hallway incident, and it's been two days since me and Winter stopped talking. Technically it was just Winter who stopped talking to me. I've been trying to reach her out this pass few days but she keeps on avoiding me.

Winter's still not talking to you?" Giselle asked. I nodded and took a sip from my milkshake.

"What really happened Karina?" Ning asked

"Didn't Winter told you?" Giselle said.

"No."

"You guys live across each other but you never have the chance to talk to her? And you were classmates with her for all of her subjects. How is that possible?" Giselle replied

"Winter stopped barging through my front door when they start practicing a lot more than they ever used to. And she's been quiets these past days. When I was asking her about that incident she would just shrug it off and change the topic."Ning explained and took a mouthful of pasta.

"That girl really don't have any plans to talk about that eh?"Giselle said. I lifted my head up from Ning's shoulder and slouched my back towards the bench.

"I really don't get it. I was just trying my best not to get her hurt and there she goes, yelling at me." I said and threw my hands up in the air out of frustration.

"What do you mean by trying your best to not get Winter hurt? By stopping her to talk to Jaehyun?" Giselle said.

"Exactly! He's a fucking playboy. He's no good for her." I replied.

"What are you? Winter's mother?" Ning said.

"Shut up Ning and just focus at your food." I said and glare at her. Ning just shrugged it off and went back on devouring her pasta.

"I'm her best friend. It natural for me to care about her." I added.

"In what way? By controlling her life?" Giselle asked and try to steal some of Ning's fries which is quietly sitting beside the latter's pasta. But unfortunately, Ning caught her in act and slapped her hand away from her precious fries.

What Giselle said made me paused. That's what exactly Winter said to me that day and those eyes of her held an expression which is unreadable to me.

"Do you... Do you really think that I'm controlling her life?" I said softly.

"I understand that why you don't want her to get involved with Jaehyun. But what about Ryujin's case?"

"Giselle, she's gay. And we all know that I hate gays."

"Yes but Karina, Winter has her own life. She has her own decisions. Winter can talk to whoever she wants and you can do nothing about it." Giselle said which made paused for a bit.

"Unless you are her girlfriend." Ning said which made me send deadly glares to her.

"What? I'm just saying that if you and Winter are together then that's the point that you'll have the right to tell her what to do." She replied and went back on munching her food.

"Ning has a point." Giselle said which left me nothing to do but to agree.

I closed my eyes and massage my temples as I realized what I did back there was really inappropriate. As I was trying so hard to protect her, it didn't crossed my mind that I was already giving her a hard time.