5- Anything is Possible

"May I just say thank you so much for inviting me to this meeting?" Urak chimed as he sat down in a chair, in front of him was one of the most famous aliens on this planet; Hepuru.

"Yes, it's an honor to have you here." The alien, Hepuru spoke with no amusement in his voice.

"So, I heard that you're pet will perform in the next round right after Luka, his name is Till am I correct?"

"Yes, that's his name."

"Urak, I notice that your pet, Till, is only 21 years old, he's by far quite young since most new singers start their first interview around 22 years old, but then again my boy had only performed around the age of 20, and even after 10 years he hasn't lost the record." Hepuru chuckled.

Urak almost felt like he was going to smack this ugly alien if he kept mentioning Luka, a high celebrity pet one more time in his face, but he knew if he did that, he'd go to jail and lose his opportunity.

"Now here's an offer Urak." Hepuru's voice sounded cold all of a sudden.

"You may not know this but my pet has a heart condition, had it when he was little, it goes overbored if he feels exciting emotions which can affect the heart badly, so we have emotional exercise to keep him apathetic all day 24/7, and during Alien stage season."

"Therefore, it takes a lot of energy for the exercise, so unfortunately round 2 will be scheduled for your pet to participate along with round 3 to follow."

"So technically, Luka's not gonna perform until round 4?" Urak asked.

"Yes, and I was wondering if you wanted to take the opportunity to let your pet perform next." Hepuru chuckled.

"Oh me?" Urak asked while acting shocked.

"Well I be honored, thank you, sir," Urak said with a forced smile.

"Wonderful, I wish you luck." Hepuru smiled as he got up and started to leave.

"Not that it matters at the end anyway," Hepuru whispered to one of his security as they closed the door, leaving Urak alone to process the meeting.

Urak slowly looked down at the floor, looking angrier and yet scared of what was to come.

Hepuru on the other hand just walked away cheerfully as he alerted his pet and walked out of the building.

"How long do you think he's going to buy it?" The security bot asked.

"Not that long, I head canon about a month," Hepuru spoke coldly while smiling to himself as his plan was working.

His pet Luka looked down at the floor while they walked, as he was stuck in his own lost thought.

***

Till found himself facing his competitor.

After Urak had explained the changed plans to Till that he will perform next, he knew that he only had a month to perform.

His competitor was named Donguri but his owner called him Acorn as a stupid nickname.

Apparently "Acorn" was not a talker, not that it mattered to Till because he was full of apathy to even care.

The awkward silence between them as they just looked at each other coldly and blandly.

"Your name is Till right?" Acorn asked.

"Yeah."

Silence filled the room as they stared at the floor.

Acorn decided to practice singing while Till stared at his competitor in deep thought.

(So apparently my competitor is also a newbie.) Till thought making sure he was seeing all of the talents Acorn had that he had to go against.

After a few seconds of silence, Till grabbed Freddy (his guitar) and started playing loud music.

"Hey, can you tone it down?!" Acorn yelled through the music.

Till just continued to play, leaving Acorn frustrated and trying to ignore the ruckus by going back to singing, only Till kept playing louder.

***

It was midnight, and around the house at that time Urak was already asleep, except for Till.

Till was still up and looking through his music notes.

He felt disgusted that he had to sing something so plain and bland, it wouldn't help him survive the round, nor get Mizi to come out of her shock.

(If you're going to do it right, then do it for her.) Till told himself in his head and he crumpled the music he was supposed to play and pulled out a piece of paper and started writing something else.

(I need to tell her in my own words.) He thought as he spent all night practicing his song. Something that will be unknown to the people around him.

Freddy looked at his owner with a bored face yet again, he could tell Till was getting into trouble again but for a much different reason.

(I feel as if this is going to end badly than before.) Freddy thought to himself as Till grabbed him and slowly plucked the strings to a song that Freddy never heard.

***

Mizi stared at the TV as it was reporting the next round was being delayed to someone else.

She could hear the aliens talking so cheery and happily from across the screen, it was hurting her ears.

"Take deep breaths, honey." Her mother spoke gently as she placed her hand on Mizi's shoulder, helping her take deep breaths.

"Mom, I'm scared I feel like I'm going to snap," Mizi said while taking her breathing slowly.

"Why...why can't I do anything, Mom?" Mizi spoke as her tears returned.

"Mizi.. look at me." Her mother spoke looking at her daughter's beautiful but sad eyes.

"Death is hard, and it can take the most precious things away from you, but please understand, doesn't matter if you're a human, you are strong and you must show that you won't back down."

Mizi stayed silent, until getting up and heading to her room.

As she fell on the bed, exhausted from crying she sank into the covers and slowly fell to sleep.

"Strong?" She remembered saying to herself before blackening out.