4- Edelweiss

*10 years ago*

Till coughed out blood as he held his stomach as his body was in pain.

His owner, Urak, had given him another beating for disobedience once again. The alien glared as he grabbed Till by the neck and forced him to make eye contact.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, TRYING TO MAKE A DEAD FOOL OF YOURSELF OUT THERE!" Urak yelled, bashing Till's head into a wall.

"WHY CAN'T YOU OBEY FOR ONCE YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING!!!"

After bashing him near a wall, he threw Till on the floor. He slowly looked at his owner with the emotions of fear and anger on his face.

Tears were never shown on his eyes except for rare moments.

Urak scoffed.

"Pathetic thing, you're very damn lucky I ain't killing you or selling you to an even worse area unit, or selling your organs to make cash, 'cause I have finally got a chance to shine."

He grabbed Till on the neck again and gave him a threatening smile of murder.

"After years of working my butt off, I'm given a chance to reach a higher level of society to be rich, and you're going to be useful and help me, or things are going to go haywire got it?" Urak threatened.

He throws Till on the floor again and leaves before saying. "Don't ruin this chance, you hear me?"

Till watched as his owner left, coughing blood and stumbling to his bed, on the urge to cry from the physical pain.

"I...can't take this...anymore." Till muttered to himself, he had reached his limit.

That's when he finally snapped.

"I... I'm...going to run away...and never come back."

He slumped on his bed and thought it through.

"Tomorrow...I'll....escape...". He told himself as he prayed the injury wouldn't kill him during the night.

By the next morning, he woke up to feel his body aching, but thankfully, he wasn't dead.

Till knew what he had to do.

When morning class started, he gave it his all because pretty soon, his torture will end soon enough.

As the first bell for break rang out across the ANKAT GARDEN, he took the opportunity to find an exit but couldn't.

As he was about to give up, he saw a glitched area beyond the garden, and there was a gateway to somewhere he had never seen before.

(That side of the garden is where were not allowed at, that must be the exit.) Till thought in triumph as he started heading over there, but something else caught his eye.

A flash of pink was running and laughing, Till stopped and turned to see two girls playing with flowers, one who he recognized with short black hair, who was in his class.

And the other with long pink hair.

Till had seen a lot of kids playing together, and he was always unfazed by it, yet those two somehow made him feel...lonely.

And yet when he looked at the girl with pink hair, his eyes were oddly locked on her. He had never seen her before.

She was laughing sweetly as the other girl put a red flower crown on top of her head as if she were a princess.

The girls were chatting, but Till wasn't listening to their conversation. He felt himself slowly spacing out the more he kept looking at the girl.

Suddenly, the bell rang, snapping him out of it. He cursed slightly for losing his chance to escape and headed to class.

But as he headed to his class, he saw the girl, her seat was in front of his.

(I didn't know she was in my class.) Till thought in surprise as he sat down.

He noticed the short black hair girl as well, sitting across from the pink hair.

He then noticed the girl looking at him and smiled.

"Hello, my name is Mizi, I just changed schedules, so my 5th class will be here." Mizi smiled warmly.

"I hope we can be friends." She says as Till feels his face blush out of nowhere.

"Sure.." he managed to say as the class began.

Throughout the class, he couldn't focus, on work or escape ideas. He felt his mind go blank.

That night, he thought of sneaking out to the other side of the school to run away, he brought nothing with him as he was about to leave his room.

But the thought of Mizi entered his head, the kind words that no one bothered to say to him, made him feel more lonely.

"I hope we can be friends." Mizi's words echoed in his ears, as Till didn't know what to do now.

(If I escape, will freedom make me more alone?) He thought as he sat on the floor.

He stared at the ground, a hundred voices in his head started to scream out random choices as if his mind couldn't decide for him anymore.

(I don't want to be alone.) He thought as he went back to his bed defeated and went back to sleep, hoping to see Mizi tomorrow again.

The next morning, the class was learning about flower symbols in songs as the teacher says that a certain flower is a combination of the love you have for yourself or with someone you know.

As Till flipped through the pages he saw a certain flower he was quite attracted to, an edelweiss.

It was a rare flower that meant purity, innocence, and noble love for another person.

As he looked at the flower he turned to see Mizi who was examining a flower with her friend.

Suddenly he felt himself blushing a bit, but that was only the beginning of his new emotions that were starting to bloom.

***
*Present day*

Till woke up from his dream, feeling the energy returning to him. He sat up and rubbed his eye.

The dream he had of Mizi slowly returned to his head.

"I need to do something." He said to himself as he got up and grabbed his guitar bag to wake up Freddy.

"C'mon, let's get started on something new." Till spoke with determination.