Patrick's Soot Power

I think I figured out what Patrick's Soot powers are/will be.

Spoiler Warning for both the show and mostly the manga!

Last chapter I've already covered on why Patrick's soot powers haven't awaken. But what if I say it already has and he doesn't know it?

My theory is that Patrick's soot works very similar to Maryrose's power.

It's shown that Maryrose can make scorches out of others soot. Well what if Patrick's soot power is to be able to copy any other shadows' powers with just a bit of of his own?

Example: In Season 2 Episode 9, Maryrose managed to put a scorch right inside of Kate's hand. In the manga it's revealed that there's a 3rd soot power category, one that can work on shadows. This was also hinted in the first episode of Season 2 by Suzanna and openly revealed how ger power works. As far as we know, Suzanna is the only one who has this power. With that said, it's evident that Maryrose not only got a hand of Suzanna's soot, but in a way copied her ability as well. All Maryrose had to do is use a bit of her own soot to do the deed.

If Patrick does the same, then it's possible that has the ability to do all three categories by simply mixing a small amount of soot with someone else's.

Although given that Patrick's soot quantity is lower than Maryrose's, the possibility of Patrick only being able to mimic one shadow's power at a time is pretty high. Ironically, mixing Patrick's soot with Maryrose's could give him the power to create scorches as well as absorption.

What do you guys think? Is my guess on the secret of Patrick's awaken powers correct, do the writers something entirely different plain, or will Patrick's soot power forever stay a mystery?