Walls

Shaun's P.O.V. 

I paced up and down my room. What should I do? I had told Cameron what I'd seen on Kaylee's neck about an hour ago when he was here. He agreed that it was sketchy and he probably did do it to her. 

I didn't know what to do. I had run my fingers through my hair so many times it was sticking up and in a mess.  

What do I do? 

Kaylee's P.O.V.

My eyes were watering slightly as I got off the ground. My arms were bruised and achy. My knees throbbed and smell of cigarettes and sunflower seeds seeped into my nose from the ground. 

I sighed as I picked my things up and tossed them in the back of my truck. I had tripped. AGAIN. 

I had been so distracted thinking about Cody, and trying to avoid Shaun that I hadn't even noticed the curb. 

I climbed into my car and drove off to Cody's. Hopefully he wouldn't be drunk again. 

I slipped into his apartment and saw him laying on the couch. He glanced over at me and grunted a hello with a small smile. I returned it and plopped down on the couch next to him. He pulled me onto his lap and we laid there for a while. 

Eventually I said, "So...um.....do you have anything to say about the last time we saw each other?" He shrugged and continued to watch the TV. I turned to face him and I said, "Cody, we need to talk about what happened."  

He ignored me and instead began to kiss along my neck. I pushed his head away and said angrily, "Cody!" He tried to kiss me again, but I put my hand in front if his face. So instead his hands began to try to undo the button to my pants. 

I leaped off of him and cried, "Cody! I've told you I don't want to and I also just said that we need to talk!" 

He climbed to his feet, looking pissed. "There's nothing to talk about! You denied me so I punished you! If you would have just done what I wanted, nothing would have happened to you!" 

My temper boiled, "Excuse me? The only reason I got hurt was because you acted like a child when I told you no! Then you continued to throw things, and that's when I got hurt." 

Cody grabbed me and shoved me up against the wall. He pressed his body to mine, and my heart pounded as I felt a...certain area push into me. "Do I feel like a child to you?" He growled as he pressed it harder against me. 

I pushed him off and spat out, "Get the fuck off of me." 

I don't know what happened next, but a second later I found myself laying on the floor. The right side of my face was stinging all the way along my eye, and my head was pounding. Cody was standing over me, looking angry. 

"Please, Cody," I whimpered pathetically as he took off his belt. I closed my eyes as the pain began.

I sat in class the next day exhausted. My body ached from the bruising everywhere, and I wore long sleeves and pants to make sure Jessie wouldn't see anything.  

I could barely pay attention during my classes and I hurt everywhere when I had to run in gym. 

And yet, I was going back to Cody's place in two days, on Thursday, to talk to him.  

Why? I honestly don't know. Maybe because I thought there was still that loving Cody I had known. Maybe because I loved him. Though I would never tell him.

Jessie's P.O.V.

Something was up with Kaylee, but she wasn't telling me. The most obvious sign was the fact that she was wearing way more foundation then she normally did. Then I noticed a bit of a bruise on her eye at lunch. "Kaylee, what happened to your eye?" I gasped. She grinned sheepishly and said, "I tripped on the curb yesterday." I nodded, she was very very clumsy. 

But another thing Kaylee was, was a bad liar. She was even worse of a liar than she was at being clumsy. 

With this thought on my mind I paced through the hallways at school after choir auditions were done. I was pretty out of it, but I think I did okay. 

As I was walking through a part where the lights were poorly lit, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I jumped and my books went crashing to the ground. 

"Oh shit," I muttered as I bent down to pick them up. A deep voice rumbled with laughter as it said, "Look, the good girl swears." I turned and looked up. I was met with chocolatey brown eyes, dark brown hair, and tanned muscles. I scowled, "Only when trying to get rid of annoying assholes," I huffed, climbing to my feet. 

Cameron smirked slightly, then said, "Looks like someone is PMSing." I sighed and realized that I was being rude, and taking my frustration out on him. I pushed my bangs out of my eyes and said sincerely, "No, I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind." 

Cameron's expression grew grim as he said, "Kaylee." My eyes widened and I slowly nodded my head. Cameron lowered his head so he was nearer to me and he said softly, "I think her boyfriend is abusing her." I looked up at him with wide eyes, and he explained to me what Shaun had seen on her collarbone. By the end I was shaking. My Kaylee. My beautiful, innocent, sweet, kind hearted Kaylee was being abused. 

I sat down against the wall and buried my head in my hands as images of Damien rolled through. 

How could Kaylee let this happen to her? She had heard what I'd gone through, and it's like she completely forgot. 

I felt a body slide down the wall next to me. Then a strong hand gently settled on my back. I was trying so hard not to cry. Not in front of him. Not in front of anyone. They couldn't see me as anything but the happy, smart girl. 

"Why do people love people who only want to hurt them?" I asked still fighting back tears. 

It was silent for a moment then Cameron said quietly, "Sometimes you can't chose who you fall for. But you can never chose who you love." My body shuddered from trying to hold back tears. 

We were silent for a few minutes. Once I gained control of myself I looked up at Cameron.  

He was closer than I expected. His arm was now wrapped around my waist and I was pressed into his side. He was looking at me, and the proximity between us made me scared. I didn't want to fall for him. I couldn't be hurt again. 

Cameron sighed and he said, "Why do you put up so many walls? It's okay to cry." I shook my head and settled my chin on my knees, wrapping my arms around my legs. He then asked even quieter than before, "Did Damien rape you?" I smiled sadly then turned to face him. "No," I whispered, "I'm stronger than that." Cameron searched my face as if looking for the answer. "Please. Tell me." I shook my head and said sadly, "I'm sorry, but I can't. I can't do that yet. Please...just wait." Cameron nodded and we sat in comfortable silence for a while.  

If not for Damien, maybe I would have a boyfriend by now. Maybe I would be popular, outgoing, have tons of friends. Maybe I wouldn't be so afraid to open up, because I wouldn't be afraid of having my heart torn apart.

Hey people! Here's another chapter. Let's shoot for ten votes and one comment! That would make me so amazingly happy. Whoever gives the best comment I will read one of their stories. Hope you liked this chapter. Love to the world <3 

-BabeinBoyland