six.

CHAPTER SIX

❝I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos.

Tom Hanks

✦✧✦

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since the tablet came alive in Luna's hands. Two weeks since she opened Ahkmenrah's sarcophagus.

She's just had the best two weeks of her life.

First of all, she aced the test on Ancient Egypt, which Ahkmenrah had a big part in, and she's been at the museum almost every night with Nicky and Larry. Luna's met every single exhibit and it's strange to say, but she's never had more friends in her life. (She's got them all wrapped around her finger, reader; they love her to death.)

They have nightly soccer games: Attila and the Huns versus Luna, Nicky, Larry, Columbus, Ahkmenrah, and Sacagawea. The Huns don't ever stand a chance; Larry and Luna both suck, but Nicky and Sacagawea are good enough to balance it out. (Luna won't ever admit it, reader, but watching Ahkmenrah play soccer is a very attractive thing.)

Luna also would like to take credit for Teddy and Sacagawea becoming an official item. Teddy was hesitant about asking her out, and one night, Luna told him not to waste time, but to tell her how he felt. So he did, and tonight is their first official date. Luna and Ahkmenrah plan on seeing how it goes, since they're both self-proclaimed hopeless romantics.

"So you like romance movies?" Luna asks him, walking slowly down one of the deserted upstairs hallways. Teddy and Sacagawea are in the Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems, which is on the first floor, and they'll make their way down there eventually. (A long walk alone in a museum? *dramatic sigh*)

"I've only ever seen part of Casablanca," Ahkmenrah replies conversationally. "One of the receptionists at the desk near where I was displayed at Cambridge broke the rules and turned it on after hours. But it did sort of whet my appetite. I never liked any stories with unhappy endings."

"Then we'll have to watch The Notebook, Roman Holiday, Notting Hill..." Luna ticks them off on her fingers, smiling at the thought of binge-watching rom-coms with Ahkmenrah. 

"Tonight?" Ahkmenrah asks, his eyes lighting up.

And because Luna is all of us, she grins and sings, "Tonight, tonight/It all began tonight/I saw you and the world went away!"