Happenings At The Event

Start from the beginning

"Your majesty, the ointment," Lucian's voice ceased his thoughts, he glanced at him and collected the tube from the tray.

He applied on her bruise, it felt prickly. Renai pursued her lips when he blew out a cold huff on the gel.

He lifted his eyes and saw her observing him with a cautious gaze. They held each other's gaze until he leaned forward. Renai held her breath as she watched him coming closer to her lips but before they could touch, he halted an inch away.

"You will not hurt yourself for anyone next time," He whispered deeply, but it sounded more like pleading.

Renai closed her eyes, his close proximity hugged her closely. Now that he had confessed last night, she couldn't stop her heart to not feel compelled by his presence.

"Do you hear me, my little love?" He purred out of love and brushed his lips against her warm pair. Renai gulped.

"If you promise not to hurt her again, I promise I would never do this," She moved her lips across his bottom lip, stirring many emotions inside his being.

Without saying anything, he closed this promise with a deep kiss. His eyelids shuttered close as he worked his tongue between her lips. Once she let him in, he pushed his face into her and roamed her cavity.

Ever since she came into the picture, many things had changed.

Everything began in search of her and now when she saw here. Those wars and conquering remaining states held no meaning for him. Whenever he stared into those large greyish orbs, he felt like surrendering his revenge. They had a world of their own where only he found himself. Her single command held the power to make him seize all warfare or even face defeat if it made her happy. He would happily sacrifice his undefeated repute just to see a portion of kindness for him in her eyes. He would and could do anything to keep her by his side. All she had to do was hold onto him.

It was Renai who parted first, both of them were breathing heavily against each other's faces. Her eyes were still closed while he was boring holes in her face. Just how cute she looked. It was one of those times when he couldn't believe she had come back to his life.

To make him believe, he wanted to kiss her again but they were already late for the event Queen Meriall had organised.

Halfheartedly, he parted his forehead and she opened her eyes, straightening her posture. She was about to pick her fork but he caught it before her and fed her.

***

Zebian was headed to the ground of the main chamber where the event was taking place. It was a monthly ceremony that would occur to freshen up the moods of all royal nobles. The king had hardly taken a part but today, on Meriall's insistence, he decided to make an appearance.

Just as the king stepped into the ground after the host announced his arrival, loud applause resonated in the ground. Chords of claps were ringing everywhere. He smirked and raised his hand to greet. The crowd went haywire. He, then, strode to the stage where Queen Meriall and other nobles were seated.

Zebian took the seat beside the queen and watched two knights opposite to each other decking the armour suits out. He gazed at the sky and smirked. The weather was getting windy. Perfect environment for jousting.

Both of the armed men climbed on their respective horsebacks. Everyone hooted to cheer them up. Their partners had handed them the lances. They secured it between their armpits and yanked their horses' bridles. They stopped their horses once they reached the stage.

King Zebian stood up from his throne and stepped near the front. The knights bowed their heads with helmets on and forwarded their lances. Zebian raised his hand and Lucian brought him two handkerchiefs.