Beauty Inside You

Start from the beginning

I let my fantasy get deeper and imagine her and myself spending time together. How we would be laughing, having fun, doing something together... It's probably stupid to dream about the one that will never be with me. She hardly knows about my existence and does not notice me when our eyes meet somewhere in the school halls or one of the offices. But because I have already accepted the fact that luck would never run to me, it no longer hurts my heart so much. Yes, I waste time imagining myself next to her. But I feel in this case. Thoughts about that girl help me hold on and not to go crazy two months before I get the certificate for graduating from school.

But when I barely fall into my fantasies deeper and smile shyly with a feeling of something nice that is spreading over my whole body, someone comes to me from behind, sharply takes my backpack off my shoulders, and throws it on the asphalt rudely. It's the main offender that I talked about before. The one, who probably spends a whole day in a gym class, judging how many muscles he has got. And he stands in front of the mirror for a half hour to get his thick light brown hair done. I also see one more boy, who is two or three times bigger than me, and two girls. One of them is a brunette with short, loose hair, and another is a blonde with hair brushed into a tail. They are one of the most popular girls at school. But they have a deeply low IQ and care only about cosmetics, hair, and clothes.

"My backpack!" I exclaim with horror in my eyes.

"Oh, here's our ugly boy!" the bully laughs evilly.

"Where are you going, loser?" his best friend asks, putting his backpack on the bench placed not far from us. "Are you rushing to see your mommy and make her happy with good scores?"

"What does he have to do when he's got an ugly face?" the brunette shrugs. "So, our loser is trying to work off his gold medal. So, his mommy puts it on the shelf later."

"Oh, yeah, and then she will tell everyone how smart her sonny is," the blonde laughs evilly.

Everybody starts thrilling with loud laughter, while I move my eyes down shyly, and my heart starts beating faster from the fear caused by the fact that I stepped far enough from school, and there is nobody around.

"Hey, Clarke, did you swallow up your tongue again?" the bully asks and strongly beats me on the back of my head. "Why aren't you talking to us?"

"His mommy whispered in his ear that if he was as quiet as a mouse, we would get sick of annoying him and leave him alone," the brunette replies confidently.

"Oh, not, such defective and ugly fellows must know where they belong and remember that they are worthless," the friend of the bully smirks evilly. "So, they don't even dare to think about becoming the most popular ones in school."

"Serious?" the blonde chuckles loudly. "This slim pale fellow? Huh! I wouldn't lie in a bed with this ugly nerd even for money!"

"Stop, please," I make an attempt to say something hesitantly and quietly.

"Aw, look, our Peyton is saying something," the friend of the bully smiles widely.

"Maybe, let's make his ugly face a little worse?" the blonde suggests with a mysterious smile, putting her bag on the bench.

"Oh, yeah!" the brunette agrees happily, doing the same thing.

"Hey, Ronald, do you have some food?" the friend of the bully asks.

"Today, I have something very special," Ronald smiles mysteriously, taking his backpack off his shoulders. "Perfect for making Clarke wash all of it off his clothes and curly hair."

Ronald throws his backpack on the ground after taking a little box from it. It's something from food, undoubtedly. Something with a lot of oil, ketchup, and mayonnaise. This guy loves fat and caloric food. It's amazing that loving this kind of food does not turn him into a huge elephant. I believe his intense workouts lead to some good results... And at some moment, I move his scared eyes aside and see the girl, for who I feel sympathy, standing not far from us. She is standing aside shyly and looks a little timid, as she squeezes the handle of her bag.