CHAPTER 8 - 3 Patients, 1 Doctor

Zythia's POV

Ugh... My head...

I opened my eyes; my vision was fuzzy... I squinted my eyes and saw Ether sleeping on the couch. I looked around to see Haru and Player sleeping on different beds beside me. I sat up and tried to stand up but my wound stopped me from doing so. The little puppy heard me and suddenly teleported on my lap.

"I forgot to name you!" I said to the now normal puppy sitting on my lap.

Hmm... Cookie? No... Daisy? Definitely not...Aha!

"Husky! I'll name you Husky." I said as Husky jumped around excitedly. It looks like she likes it.

Husky's POV

Husky! That's my real name! Wait... how did she guess right? Meh.

"Hmm, you hungry Husky?" Zythia asked me.

I nod my head slightly.

"Okay, let me get some food." Zythia said as she struggled to stand up - :(

I said to Zythia that I will get the food and not her. But I didn't talk. I barked, but that's fine!

Zythia's POV

Husky started barking and turning in circles. Maybe Husky wants to do something? Does she want to play? Maybe want to go outside?

"No silly! I will get the food!" I heard Husky say to me in my mind. Wait, I'm not being delusional, am I?

"No, you're not de- deli- delu... what you said!" Husky telepathically said. "How are you talking to me?" I asked. "I don't know! It just happened!"

"Okay, you can go get the food. I don't know how you're gonna get it but it's fine."

Ether's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to a grunt that came from Zythia. As I was about to ask if she is okay, I saw that she and a small puppy making expressions to each other.

"What are you doing?" Zythia flinched when she heard me. "Oh! I was just... helping this little puppy!" I can tell she was making excuses. I wonder. If she was just goofing around.

I stood up too my neck hurting. I guess I was in a bad position. Zythia kept making expressions to the small puppy. It was a small husky and it was in really good shape somehow. I know that Zythia took care of it. I'll deal with that later. Right now, I should check on Player and Haru.

Haru's POV

I feel dizzy... What happened?

*Flashback*

"Haru, we need to split up." Player said to me. "I'll go right, you go left."

I nodded. We needed to find Ether and Zythia quick. We both got our bearings and headed our way. I took a few turns. I remembered every turn I took just in case I needed to get to the exit. I heard the microphone over my head crackle and say something but it was drowned by the wailing siren basically everywhere.

Then after a few seconds I hear explosions coming from different directions. Fire burned through the hallways until it reached me. The fire entered my lung and ears. It started to burn slowly then-

I opened my eyes and gasped for air. I was greeted with the bright light overhead. I sit up to see Zythia across from me and Player in the middle, probably fainted. I scanned my surroundings; I'm back at base. Ether came out of the kitchen holding three bowls of soup, it was probably Instant Mix. She gave one of the bowls to Zythia and moved towards me.

"You okay?" Ether warmly said to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She then hands me the one bowl of soup and the other on the side table. "Drink. You'll need some energy." Ether says and sits on the couch.