six - strange days

Start from the beginning

One punch in the face, he's knocked out.

Rolling my eyes, I make my way over to Austin and the girl again. I put an arm around her and she leans into my side, still shaking. I frown and look down at her before asking, "Are you okay? Do you want us to take you to the office or your class?"

"I-I need a new shirt." She speaks, finally look up at me. Her eyes are crystal blue, her cheeks are rosy red, although I can't tell if it's because of crying or of her cheeks are naturally flushed, and she has a very cute and round nose. I then look down to wear she's pointing and sees that her shirt is tore and your can see her a little too much of her bra. The girl covers it quickly before Austin can look.

I giggle and ask, "What's your name?"

"Gracie."

"Well, Gracie, I think I have an extra hoodie in my locker, will that work for today?" I ask, looking down at her.

She nods and hugs me tighter as we make our way into the school. "Thank you for saving me back there," she speaks up as we reach my locker. "I-I don't owe him any money; he just likes to take my money an-and threaten me. He almost did it today though, so thanks."

"It's no problem," Austin says and gives her a reassuring smile. "I'm Austin and that's Ally, by the way."

I hand her one my hoodie and put my things inside of my locker. "Are you a Freshman?"

Gracie slips on her jacket and shakes are head. "Sophomore," She says as she pulls it down a bit. "Do you want me to bring this back after a certain period or--"

"You can keep it," I say, closing my locker. "Want us to walk you to class?"

"No thank you," Gracie says and gives us a faint smile. "But thanks for the help today. You guys are a cute couple, by the way."

Austin and I chuckle and wave as she walks away.

"Maybe we're just hot together or something, because we literally didn't do anything to give off the expression that we were a couple." I tell Austin, nudging him.

He chuckles and pulls me under his arm and ruffles my hair. I laugh and try to push him off. "I'm the hotter one of this relationship, then."

"Hey, Austin! Moon's girl!"

"Looks like you're still Moon's girl, Als."

Als? Hmm, that's new. I kind of like it. Better than 'Moon's girl', anyway.

Austin releases me and both of us turn around to see a boy turning towards us. Just as the boy reaches us and is about to start speaking, Austin stops him, "We'll listen to whatever you have to say once you call Ally by her actual name."

"Sorry, Ally," the boy apologizes quickly. "Anyways, Jessica told me to tell you that you guys are invited to the party he's throwing this Friday!"

"No thanks." "Okay I'll see her there."

- - - - -

"Why do you want to go to Jessica Carter's party?" Austin asks me as we take a seat in biology. "She's a lesbian--"

I raise an eyebrow at him. "So you're homophobic now?"

"You didn't let me finish," Austin says quickly, shaking his head. "Jessica's a lesbian and, somehow, she has slept with almost every girl she wants."

"How do you she wants me? Because she invited me to her party?" I ask, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion. "Austin, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have invited you if she wanted me."