Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise

Start from the beginning

"They don't know about her." Xanthius said speaking up. "Not yet." I raised my brow. But before I could even bother with asking him to explain Ashton popped in.

"He doesn't want something to happen to her." Ashton said taking a seat. "He loved his kingdom, but we all know how demons are." Xanthius and Ashton shared a knowing glance, the same way Ashton would look at Draekon, who he loves. I just observed the two and slipped my hand into Ashton's as squeezed.

"What about my other lovey babies?" I asked with a smile.

"My mate is this beautiful woman right here, Lena Miles. She's a vampire." Zane said never taking his eyes off of her. "She's pure, and like Alek and Kris."

"That's good." I said offering her a welcoming smile.

"Welcome to the family." Ashton smiled warmly.

"My soulmate is pure, holy, and someone I truly don't deserve. Her name is Sammantha Pilar, she's an angel." Alek said stroking her skin.

"Not to be competitive or anything but my soulmate is waaay better, her name is Eunice, she's a werewolf from this pack." Kris said with a smirk. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and she just blushed. I just put my hands on my face and began to panic a little bit.

"They're growing up so fast, before we know it they'll have left us!" I said standing up and pacing now. Ashton just shook his head, amused.

"That's what happens, Myra." Ashton said with a smile. "Kids grow up." I stopped and narrowed my eyes at him.

"What if they-"

"Calm down, Myra, love." Ashton said stopping me from pacing. He then turned to the kids and their mates with a genuine smile. "Welcome to the family."

"Now, we need to throw a party." I said thinking about it. The kids raised their brows.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't think you were a party kind of person." Zane said. Ashton and I just laughed.

"How do you think we met?" I asked them amused. "I can bet you, that I can set up a kickback in less than seven hours."

"You're on." The kids said amused.

~Seven Hours Later~

I crossed my arms and looked at the party I had set up. Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Don't let all the pride go to your head." He said into my ear.

"Who said I was letting it go to my head?" I asked amused.

"I can read your mind, remember?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, whatever." I said rolling my eyes.

"Come with me." Ashton said taking my hand. He walked out of the house and to his car. I got in with him and he drove off. I looked over at him while he focused on the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked with my head cocked to the side.

"You'll see." He said with a smile. We had been driving for a while before we came to a stop. Ashton got out and then opened the door for me. By it being dark out it was hard to see what was going on. But Ashton could obviously see perfectly fine. He guided me with my hand in his, to where? I wasn't sure up until I heard moving water.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked with a laugh. Ashton turned to me, and gave me a dazzling smile.

"Is that the question you wanna ask?" He asked me as we neared the water.

"What are we gonna be doing?" I asked. He brushed a curly lock of hair behind my ear and cupped my face.

"Skinny dipping." Ashton said grinning. With that he began to take his clothes off. I grinned, and began to take my clothes off. Ashton then grabbed my hand and took me to a stream.

"Wait, why is this stream going in this direction?" I asked nervously.

"Because we're at the top of the fall." Ashton said and showed me the bottom. I raised my brows.

"That's a long ways down." I said nervously.

"Come on, Myra. We've done more reckless things." Ashton said nudging me.

"I'm not jumping alone." I said poking his chest.

"I was gonna let you anyway." He said with a smile, then he grabbed my hand. "On a count of three. One... Two... Three! Jump!"

It felt like I had been falling forever, but I really wasn't. We hit the water with a hard splash and came up for air. I laughed feeling exhilarated, and excited.

"That was fun." I said impressed. Ashton raised his brow.

"Then you'll love what I'm about to show you." Ashton said. "Follow me." I followed him to this caveish looking thing and he dove under water. I followed suit and trailed him up till he resurfaced for air. "Look around." I did as I was told and saw thousands of crystals lighting up the land. Some were in the water, some jutted out of the grass, all in different colors. Then the trees had ripe fruits on them, it was beautiful.

"Wow." I said amazed. Ashton came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He nuzzled his face into my neck, and gave me soft kisses.

"Happy birthday, love." He said softly. I turned around and threw my arms around him.

"Oh my god, I love you!" I said clutching him tightly. He chuckled and kissed me gingerly.

"Let me show you the cabin." He said, he held on to me as he swam to land and carried me far beyond the trees. There was a decent sized cabin. I just stared, once again completely amazed. He took me inside and went straight for the bedroom. By us already being completely naked we didn't need to waste time with clothes. He was gently rough, and passionately tender. Ashton caressed my skin from head to toe.

"I don't want you to ever leave me." He said in the still silence.

"Why would I ever leave?" I asked stroking his hair.

"Because I tend to do stupid things." He laughed a bit. "And I wouldn't be able to take it if you had left my side, you've become apart of me. And I would never want to rid myself of you." I kissed his forehead.

"Well, it's a good thing I feel the same way. Cause I'm not going anywhere even if you do mess up." I promised. Ashton just laughed and continued to explore my body. I felt a sudden sleepiness pass over me, and I closed my eyes.

"Myra!" I heard a stern voice call. "Ms. Myra Mirandinelle Gray!"

My eyes opened.