Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise

Start from the beginning

"Myra." Ashton calling me over to him. We took a seat across from the kids and their "mates". I eyed every single one of them.

"So, these are our mates." Zane said with a nervous chuckle.

"Are they claimed? Are you claimed?" I asked immediately. Ashton put a hand on my leg.

"Calm down." He said under his breath, amused.

"No, well... I can't say the same for Rhea and Zeke." Paine said bitterly. I looked in confusion.

"Wait, Zeke's your boyfriend." I said trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Was." Ashton said glaring at Zeke. "You hurt my daughter."

"I-"

"I didn't say you could speak yet." Ashton said firmly cutting him off. "We'll discuss this soon enough." Not once had Ashton's gaze left Zeke's body.

"Anyway, the ironic part of all of this is that our mates are our opposites." Alek said chuckling.

"Oh?" I said interested. I thought about it for a minute before laughing. "To say the spirits aren't testing you would be a ball-faced lie."

"What?" Zane asked confused.

"They're testing your limits, patience, control. And for you all to not be claimed then that means you all have either a lot of respect, or a lot of patience." Ashton said still glaring at Zeke.

"Or we could be both." Paine said slipping her hand in a boy's hand. My gaze made it to them.

"He's a demon." I said smelling that familiar scent.

"How'd you know?" The boy asked.

"I just know the smell of a demon, and the looks." I said. "You're a King aren't you?" The boy smiled, then showed his royal seal on his wrist.

"King of the Underworld for decades now." The boy said proud of his land.

"His name is Xanthius Savion Elric." Paine said cutting in.

"You know what this means right?" Ashton asked still glaring at Zeke.

"Yes." Xanthius nodded, I looked to Ashton confused.

"I'll tell you about it later." He said and then pointed to Zeke and Rhea. "You two, come with me." He walked out leaving me with everyone else who just looked fearful for Zeke.

"Don't pity him." I said sighing. "Don't discourage and bash Rhea. I think I know what happened."

"I doubt that." Paine said under her breath. I raised my brow.

"You think I don't?" I asked. "You think I haven't been cheated on?"

"Why would anyone want to cheat on you?" Kris asked bothered. I just smiled wryly and then looked down as I remembered how Ashton had abandoned me.

"Because sometimes shit just happens." I said as honestly as I could. I turned to Paine. "Soulmates are inseparable. No, I don't think he should have slept with Rhea while in a relationship with you. But he did, and now you know what pain and heartbreak feels like. But don't feed it, you're beautiful, smart, special, and pure. Don't fall into your anger and hatred for the two of them. Just forget it and move on."

"How'd you know Zeke slept with Rhea while he was in a relationship with me?" She asked nervously. "Are you able to read minds now?"

"No." I laughed. "It's sort of obvious when we all know how possessive you are. Why else would you be so bothered and angry still? Even after you have a beautiful demon mate, who's a king! I'm sure many women would sell their souls for your spot."