"Red suits You," he told her calmly.

Kataras cheeks turned red but smiled.

"Uh.. Katara, your necklace," Aang pointed out awkwardly.

"Oh, oh yea, I guess it is pretty obvious it's water tribe," Kataras face fell in disappointment as she took off the necklace, she safely tucked it in her pocket.

"We could go into town, find a new one?" Aang offered as Toph took off her headband that was the last green clothing piece.

"Oh yea I wanna go into town, I'm starving," Sokka agreed excitedly.

-

They walked in the streets of the fire nation town as they were grouped together closely.

Zuko fell behind a little looking around almost in awe seeing carts of food, familiar smells all around, the air, the buildings, it was his home. Katara notice him falling behind and slowed down with him as there was children with mini fire works she's never seen.

"Is it weird being home?" She smiled curiously.

Zuko looked around with a kind look on his face, he loved it. He loved his home land, the air was warmer, the smell of foods and their flavor, the art and buildings, the plants, he loved the land, he loved his people.

"It's nice," he pursed his lips.

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

Zuko stopped her holding her wrist and Katara stood in front of him worried as Zuko looked at her.

"Zuko?" She whispered worried now.

"Can I be honest?" He looked down at her.

"Im really glad I get to be here," Zuko smiled gratefully.

Kataras heart stopped, he smiled. Zuko smiled with her. A real smile.

"I'm happy for you," she touched his hand smiling back.

"We should catch up," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, he kept a soft smile on his lips as the sun shined on them, Katara pulled him along gripping his hand with both of hers. But losing their friends in the crowd.

"You gotta show me more of the fire nation and the traditions," Katara told him as they walked together.

"What did you miss the most?" She asked.

"The land, the land is beautiful," he kept his eyes on her.

"I didn't realize how much it meant to you," she pursed her lips.

"I didn't get to leave the palace that often or got to explore the nation, but my mom would try to get me and Azula to go out if she could, especially when we went to the beach house," Zuko nodded. Katara was interested hearing about the prince and princesses childhood as if their family didn't have a dark past.

-

They walked around not noticing their hands joined together, busy trying to find their friends but unable too no matter where they went. Zuko offered for them to go to a cart for a snack due to not eating yet for the day, he bought them kabobs with meat and grilled vegetables.

"It's so good," Katara groaned at the flavor and Zuko hummed agreeing as they sat by a fountain.

"The earth kingdom was cool to see but the fire nation is so lively, it's amazing," she kicked her feet excitedly with her mouth full.

"Cause the earth kingdom is a giant desert, muddy and dry," Zuko rolled his eyes taking the food off the stick before eating.

"We got stuck in a desert once, that was the whole earth kingdom," she snorted.

"The mountains were dry and so were the forests," he corrected.

"And what is it here? The air feels heavy and wet," Katara looked at him.

"Humid and green," Zuko smirked.

"Hot," she waved her hand a little.

They enjoyed the town together adventuring around now, Katara looked for a new necklace to wear while he patiently waited.

"Fire Lily?" An old woman walked up to them with a basket of flowers.

"Huh?" Zuko noticed the old woman as Katara was occupied still.

"Would your girlfriend like a fire Lily?" She offered.

"Huh? She's not my girlfriend?" Zuko frowned at her.

"Even so, every woman loves a flower for a thought, it's the gesture," she winked at the soldier.

"And a beautiful girl deserves a beautiful flower," she chuckled softly. Zuko glared at her a little, some merchants are pushy, but he sighed and paid the old woman for a flower and she happily took the money and gave him the flower.

"What was that?" Katara saw his back turned to her and the elder walking away.

"Oh, she.." Zuko held the flower.

"I asked if I could buy one from her," he turned to her hand held the flower out.

"I heard girls like flowers," zukos cheeks flushed red as Katara felt her own face heat up as well.

"I-uh, thank you, it's beautiful," she smiled brightly taking the flower.

"I love it," she held it in her hands smiling more.

"Oh could you help me tie this necklace on?" Katara showed him the necklace in her other hand.

"Yea of course," he breathed and took the necklace from her and Katara turned to have him put it on.

Both of their hearts raced as they stood so close. Zukos warm hands that were so gentle to feather over her neck when he tied the necklace on. Her cool skin felt so soft when his fingers touched. Neither of them knew why it made them feel so nervous that their knees were week or head was spinning.

"Thank you," she whispered turning back.

"It's getting late, let's go back to the cave, maybe everyone will be back," Zuko turned away quickly.

"Good idea, we've been gone for a while," Katara grinned looking at the flower again, smelling it for a moment as she followed behind the fire bender.

For once these moments made her feel like a normal teenager.