Chapter Six: The Great Battle Of Iced Chai Tea

Start from the beginning

"What do you think?" I returned the gesture to which hoodie dude chuckled.

"Okie well this has been nice I'm just gonna grab this and-"

"NU-uh" I pull the drink harder to keep it in a neutral position.

"Yeah- huh!" He mocks pushing my hand down so the drink doesn't move.

"NU-UH" I raise both my eyebrows while giving him the 'no-no' sign with my free hand

He chuckled.

"You're not gonna give up, are you?"

I put my free hand on my hip and give him my brightest smile and reply with.

"NU-UH"

His smile widened, discovering his dimples, laughing uncontrollably. Soon I was giggling, joining in on the laughter of my silly child-like behavior.

"Oh wow that was something," He wiped a tear away, I nodded in agreement. Hoodie dude coughed saying "But I won't give up that easily." To which I roll my eyes at.

"You sure? Because your hand feels really sweaty you must want to wipe it, right?" I give him a mocking pout still feeling like I'm in a goofy mood.

"Oh and what about that hand of yours sweetheart? It feels even sweatier" he gives me a similar one to mine, forcing me to stifle back a giggle.

Wow O.K. focus Arien.

"I'll just wipe it off after drinking this" I shrug though thoroughly annoyed he just gave me another nickname.

Hoodie dude was taken back from my awesome come back, he looked to the side of him mouthing something from the looks of how his jaw was flexing, I thought I heard mutter something along the lines of "wow" but before I could he turned back.

Fixing his stance, he steps closer toward the drink, making me realize just how close we are. I took a step back, tightening my grip on the drink trying to focus on the task at hand which seemed impossible with the hoodie dude standing only two breaths away from me, hand on top of mine giving me chicken skin.

His stare, too close, too bright, confusingly bright, Amber, dazzling bright amber, long lashes, his smile, those dimples-

Wait.

Hold up.

What was I just thinking?

"Your cheeks are pink?" He notices sharpening his glare towards me .

Sadly he's correct; my face was hot like when you have a fever.

"It's a sunny day." I blurted out

"What're you talking about?" His brows knit together in question.

"Uh.."

Think!

Think!

C'mon Arienelle!

He's looking at me waiting for an answer, I have to be smart, say something that won't sound weird.

"Look!" I eagerly point to the window, he rolls his hazel eyes at me.

"That's not an answer" He points out.

"Ugh just look will you?" I pester on

He sighed, turning his attention to where I pointed, giving me a second to calm my hopeless romantic self down.

"What exactly am I supposed to be looking at?"

"Oh um." I try to remember what I was here for, right the chai tea.