C H A P T E R - III

H O P E S

"Are you ready? I am so exited for it to happen, Dee!" A young girl dressed in a pair of jeans and a cute top with a white coat and stethoscope over it gushed as she walked out of a hospital with Devika, who looked oh so pretty in a light yellow suit as it was her first day, she will be referred to as a doctor from now on officialy hence she couldn't hold her happiness within herself anymore.

"I am very exited too, Misha. But where is the after party?"

"Not sure, let me check it up with Zain!" Misha said as she took her phone out of her pocket and dialed her boyfriend Zain's number before getting into the cab with Devika.

"He sent me the location of a farmhouse, in the outskirts of Mumbai" Misha spoke, while she instructed the cab driver of the location and shared it with him while Devika looked out of the window, sitting in her seat quietly, with an adorable smile plastered to her rosy lips.

Her family never wanted her to do any of it, to become a doctor, to move out of her city and especially be a working woman. They wanted her to get married after completely her graduation from B.Sc so that they could find a suitable groom for her easily and get rid of the responsibility of a daughter, and why not? They already had other two to look after besides a newly wedded daughter in law present in the house, already.

But Devika was determined to be independent, atleast if nothing else. She fought with her entire family and the day she cleared her NEET exam would have been the proudest day for any family, but hers. They did give her a hard time, after every call she ended up in an argument with her mother. But also, it was her Chacha and Badi Maa who slowly convinced everyone to let her do whatever career she wants to pursue, it will only make them open minded and proud in the society. And today she lived her dream after all the hardships she had to face, finally! She took a deep breathe in as she opened her phone and instantly a message popped up on her phone, from Ayesha - "How was the first day?".

But even before she could reply, her cab stopped with a jerk in the middle of an isolated road, shocking both her and Misha while the driver himself looked terrified.

"Kya hua bhaiya?" Devika asked, she couldn't see what was happening from the back seat.

"Aage lagta hai accident hua hai, gaadi modh lete hai madam!" The driver said as he kept his hand over the gear when Devika stopped him.

"Accident? Misha, we should check!" She spoke cautiously getting out of the car while Misha was still hesitant.

"I don't wanna get into any matter, Devika!" She spoke, still sitting the car with a scared face.

"Matter? Someone is dying Misha! And you're a damn doctor!" Devika yelled as she looked at Misha with a look of disbelief in her eyes and quickly ran upto the almost pale body of a lady who was hugging a little girl close to her chest, there was a pool of blood surrounding both of them and the sight just made Devika's heart bleed as well.

"Misha! Please help!" She cried loudly this time as she tried to pick up the unconscious child first in her arms, there was so much blood but the kid seemed fine, all that blood was of the lady, Devika realized as she rushed the kid to the car and made her rest on to the back seat first. Meanwhile the driver and Misha skeptically tried to pick up the woman drowned in blood and took her to the car, and made her lie down next to the child.